editing a web page on mac
    when editing a webpage on mac with text edit, can you set it up in a way so you can start editing the html on that page after you have viewed it's source?

When i edit on a pc with windows, it automatically switches from internet explore browser to the windows browser which makes everything easy and your able to edit, save and see the results immediatley.(correct me if i'm wrong on this i am a new html student just finished my intro coarse) On the mac i have to keep copying and pasting. Its annoying but i'm sure there is a way to configure it to work like the pc browser does. theres gotta be. anything is possible on a mac! I'd appriciate it if somebody could help me out with this. cheers!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    What program were you using in Windows to edit web pages? Text Edit is a very basic text editor and not specifically designed for web development (although it can be used to edit HTML code). If you want something that's more geared toward web development, we can make a recommendation based on what you were using in Windows.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MacBook black 2.2GHz 160GB HD 4GB RAM
    As a longtime former Microsoft (sufferer) accustomed to writing Web code on Notepad, what do I use to write/edit HTML on my iMac?

g.

Specs:
    MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
    TextEdit is the equivalent of Notepad, so if that's what you want you can use that. Otherwise there are several options available and people have listed them in the various threads here: Dreamweaver, RapidWeaver, iWeb of course (I'd suggest not iWeb).

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    What program were you using in Windows to edit web pages? Text Edit is a very basic text editor and not specifically designed for web development (although it can be used to edit HTML code). If you want something that's more geared toward web development, we can make a recommendation based on what you were using in Windows.
    i was using notepad. i just want to be able to go in, view the source, and start editing immediatley. I heard that on the windows it switchs from the IE browser to the Windows Browser without you even knowing thats why you can view source and them start editing the code immediatley. is this true? how would i do this on Mac?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by rembetika View Post
    i was using notepad. i just want to be able to go in, view the source, and start editing immediatley. I heard that on the windows it switchs from the IE browser to the Windows Browser without you even knowing thats why you can view source and them start editing the code immediatley. is this true? how would i do this on Mac?
    Notepad is a very basic text editor, I don't know of any plug-in or add-on that would automatically preview the HTML code in a browser. That functionality is typical of a higher end web development application, like Dreamweaver or Frontpage.

Internet Explorer is actually integrated into Windows, which is one of the reasons that Microsoft ran into problems with the US department of Justice back in the late 90's. Windows Explorer actually uses components of IE to display its content.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information