New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Book Recommendation

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DaZ

DaZ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod

I am new to the world of dreamweaver and am looking for some book recommendations for beginners. Can anyone assist?
Your response is greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I know you are using dreamweaver but I would start off with thw free Rapidweaver web program.

Why you ask? Well I have found that the tutorial for the Rapidwaever themes the nest introduction to CSS layout I have found so far. Once you have mastered the basics of CSS you are ready to get the most out of Dreamweaver when you start using it

Attached it the tutorial theme

The guide can be downloaded here

preview.weaverthemes.com/catalyst/pages/files_files/Tutorial.pdf

RapidWeaver can be downloaded from here

www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

As for dreamweaver itself, the reference book by Peachpit press is good, and it is worth loggin on to the adobe exchange forums to get tips and useful add-ons to dreamweaver
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tutorial.rwtheme.zip (15.7 KB, 29 views)
QUOTE Thanks
DaZ

DaZ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod

Thanks for the insight, I will download rapidweaver and start there.
QUOTE Thanks
kfordham281

kfordham281 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

According to Amazon this is the best selling Dreamweaver book:

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamweaver-CS...5363998&sr=1-2

Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More
QUOTE Thanks
INTELligent

INTELligent can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Mini

The missing manual book that kfordham281 suggested is pretty good, I saw that in Barnes and Noble one day... I glanced at it, seemed pretty direct...

Just stay away from the "...For Dummies" books, I don't know where they find the ppl that write those things. Some of their authors just get off on these tangents and they have terrible puns... It seems like I bought a Visual Basic 2005 EE For Dummies book, that book was a disgrace to all computer hobbyists, enthusiasts, and programmers...
QUOTE Thanks
Actingrude

Actingrude is on a distinguished road

I am gana agree with the missing manual book, they are produced by O'Reilly, the single largest most successful publisher in the industry I would also suggest learning at least basic (x)html and css as they will get you at of jams faster then dreamweaver...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Image mapping help... | Feedback / Testimonials -- How To ?? »