New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Airport Extreme and FTP help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

In Reflection 7

In Reflection 7 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black, 13", 2.4 GHz Intel, 2 gb memory

I just switched to Mac (and I'm happy) but I need some help with my airport extreme. When I am on campus at my class I can upload files to my server for my website at several hundred kb/s but when I go home it plummets to roughly 30 kb/s for my uploads. Why is this? I have cable internet at home and do not see why my uploads at home can't be above 30 kb/s. I need to get these files on my server faster at home and don't want to wait around on campus just to do upload large files. Any ideas? I tried port forwarding but maybe I screwed it up somehow... Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
mart0225

mart0225 is on a distinguished road

Your campus has a faster upload speed than your house. Most base residential internet plans top out at 30 KB/s up. So your problem probably is not with your Airpot Extreme. You may have the option of upgrading your upload speed. My upgraded residential connection tops out at 512K up, which I find slow.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart0225 View Post
Your campus has a faster upload speed than your house. Most base residential internet plans top out at 30 KB/s up. So your problem probably is not with your Airpot Extreme. You may have the option of upgrading your upload speed. My upgraded residential connection tops out at 512K up, which I find slow.
512K???!! Wow, that's fast! Mine tops out at 62 at my college apartment, and it tops out at 40 at my parent's house!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« These are javascript errors, right? - DW CS3 | Error in Site Validation »