Thread: Hosting Transfer Tutorial
06-21-2008, 01:59 PM #1
Hosting Transfer Tutorial
- Member Since
- May 09, 2007
- Kalamazoo, MI
- 24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
Our current Setup:
Registered domain name with Registar.com
Hosting by iPowerweb
Website created offsite and FTP'd to iPowerweb.
Our Desired Setup:
Keep registered domain name with Registar.com
Switch hosting to GoDaddy.com
Publish iWeb site to .Mac/.Me
What order do we initiate this transfer of service?
How to redirect our domain name to the .Mac site?
How to funnel all of the mail from .Mac, GoDaddy, and Registar into Mail.app?
07-10-2008, 04:35 PM #2
ok....take these steps....
1) sign up for the hosting plan you want at godaddy.......
2) transfer the site/databases, and all files to the new host via FTP using the new account info
3) make sure all is working at new host
4) move DNS at registrar for your domain from iPowerweb to godaddy's DNS servers
5) wait for DNS propagation to occur (can take up to 72 Hours.... usually faster)
6) cancel old hosting account
personally i would use IMAP in the MAIL.APP for all accounts.
Hope this helps...
PS.... Why GoDaddy?InfTek, Inc.
Fully Managed And Hosted Kerio MailServer Solutions
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By timmy_toad in forum Web Design and HostingReplies: 2Last Post: 01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
By benparko in forum OS X - Development and DarwinReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
By wrightm in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 2Last Post: 04-30-2009, 04:17 PM