New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

is .mac really that worth it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lytheil

Lytheil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

.mac worth it?

Here's the thing. I live in Malaysia, and .mac accounts here cost like 450 bucks ( After taxes ) . And over here it is kind of expensive. Call me cheap. =x

Cause if you look at it . It is quite a number. Especially when you're living in such a corrupted country like malaysia.. *coughs*

Anyway. If it is really that worth it . I'll go for it. I'd most probably be using it for BacktoMymac , the webmail , the backup and domain..

Would like some feedbacks. Thanks!

Edit - My mistake. Posted in the wrong location..

QUOTE Thanks
Davvyk

Davvyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD

WOAH its never in a million years worth that cost. if its back to mac your after try another service like logmein https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp.

its free and loads better than back to mac in my opinion.
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

I'd also like to use it for its blog and website service. At least iWeb would be put into good use then.

I just don't get why that they don't provide .mac for all the people who buy a mac. At least 1 Year free membership or something right?

QUOTE Thanks
flowrider

flowrider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)

even with iWeb just get a domain, set up some inexpensive hosting, and upload the iWeb files to your site.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvyk View Post
WOAH its never in a million years worth that cost. if its back to mac your after try another service like logmein https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp.

its free and loads better than back to mac in my opinion.
It is not a free service. They do have a free try before you buy offer though.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

Mac O Licious is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good

Well from my experience it is almost worth it. For the price, it actually aint bad. I was paying $22 a month at one time & I realize how bad they were just from just testing iWeb. It just doesn't have a fully professional look site but better than most that have have a "make it easy" looking set ups.

Pricewise, for me, living in the US it is only $99 bucks for year. I have a few more weeks to use the demo, I am trying to find a good reason to keep it because I really don't have a good reason to use it.
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

I'm taking it. For mobile me =x

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Browser - JavaScript and Cookie Enable Procedure | Safari and javascript problem. »