New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Safari and javascript problem.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DaveDawn

DaveDawn is on a distinguished road

Hi, new here so be gentle.
The problem is using Safari 3.1.1, on Tiger and G5 Desktop, it loads pages so slow its driving me nuts.
I found out that disabling javascript fixed the problem and the pages now load as they should, except if a site is using Javascript buttons they don't work properly especially if they are text I can't even see them.
So what's going on between Safari and Javascript, I would like to enable Javascript and still have my pages load quickly.
Any help most appreciated.

Dave
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

It may also be the web service causing issue. Some banner advertisers use javascript to render the ad... until the server replies with the content, the rest of the page cannot load. It stinks.

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
michelangelo

michelangelo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro, OS 10.9.4, iMac, OS 10.9.4, iPhone iOS 10.7.2, iPad iOS 10.7.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDawn View Post
Hi, new here so be gentle.
The problem is using Safari 3.1.1, on Tiger and G5 Desktop, it loads pages so slow its driving me nuts.
I found out that disabling javascript fixed the problem and the pages now load as they should, except if a site is using Javascript buttons they don't work properly especially if they are text I can't even see them.
So what's going on between Safari and Javascript, I would like to enable Javascript and still have my pages load quickly.
Any help most appreciated.

Dave
Did you try iCab <http://www.icab.de/> and its amazing filtering capabilities. On a site you go to everyday (like the "Dilbert" site), filtering out the crap and animations (crap is often javascript-related) enourmously speeds-up the rendering of the good stuff (like the Dilbert strip, free from its moving ads) FWIW

-- Michelangelo
http://abeille-cyclotourisme.fr/
MacBookPro, OS 10.9.4, iMac, OS 10.9.4, iPhone iOS 7.1.2, iPad iOS 7.1.2, plenty of other useful stuff
QUOTE Thanks
bobdaspider

bobdaspider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4

I'm currently working on a site which I've been previewing in both Firefox and Safari - however, even though I am using both Javascript and CSS, the text links display correctly in Firefox but not Safari...

The Safari text links themselves do work but the mouseover actions associated with them (using CSS) do not BUT do in Firefox... hhmmnn

Depending on how I get on, I may have to post the associated site code on this forum for assistance.

^o^
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is .mac really that worth it? | TextMate help »