New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

User Friendly Web Design Software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

3BE

3BE is on a distinguished road

I want to start off by saying that I have never really used a web design software before, however am in the process of starting my own small business with a few friends that is going to be based off around internet sales. With that being said I want to create a site that is along the lines of this: http://www.singhautosport.com/ & www.bimmian.com

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as a web design software that is user friendly (for a beginner, but quick learner), and has the capacity to allow me to create a similar website using my Mac.

Thank You
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

I have to say that the examples you have given are not entry level and you would need some real experience to put a similar site together! Try Rapidweaver from here as a relatively cheap starting point:

http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

That's all flash... you'll need to learn Flash. There are no options here!

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

iWeb is good for starters - very easy for someone who is a total newbie.

If you have more design experience with quark or indesign then Freeway may be a good idea

http://www.softpress.com/

and as Bluegrass said, RapidWeaver is an excellent solution, elegant and low cost
QUOTE Thanks
Davvyk

Davvyk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD

i use Coda. its brilliant but you have to be able to code a bit
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Retrieving web site | Post your favorite sites here »