New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

OS 10.0 - Do OS X users have issues accessing phpBB3 based forums?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amm888

amm888 is on a distinguished road

Not a mac user myself, but I've got a phpBB 3.0.1 based online forum and I recently spoke with a user who has issues viewing the site correctly with her Mac OSX computer (I selected 10.0, but I really have no idea which one it is). She said the site displayed as just a bunch of lines. Is this a known issue or just a freak occurrence? Does anyone know of any possible work-arounds for this?

Thanks,
Alex
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

What's the site?

I don't think I would know off hand what forums I go to are phpBB3 or not. I can't recall ever going to a site and just getting lines before.
QUOTE Thanks
amm888

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyciaAnimation View Post
What's the site?

I don't think I would know off hand what forums I go to are phpBB3 or not. I can't recall ever going to a site and just getting lines before.
PM sent
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

could you post the URL? I have many macs here with 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5 OSX and can check the forums on all of them and get back to you.
QUOTE Thanks
amm888

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
could you post the URL? I have many macs here with 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5 OSX and can check the forums on all of them and get back to you.
PMed
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Going to fire up some other systems to be sure, but on Leopard and Safari 3.1.1 it's fine. Looks like a normal phpBB with no issues at all. Will update this post when I check it on older versions of OSX and Safari.

Ok, I tried my G4 with Tiger 10.4.11 and it's just like with Leopard. Site looks fine. Went into many of the threads and nothing looked wrong at all.

Right now on my old iMac G3 333Mhz with 10.3.9 Panther and the Safari that comes with it. Ditto. Site looks perfect here also.

I don't know what is going on with that persons Mac but something is wrong.

Hope this helps.

Send them here. Maybe we can help with their issue.
QUOTE Thanks
amm888

Quote:
Going to fire up some other systems to be sure, but on Leopard and Safari 3.1.1 it's fine. Looks like a normal phpBB with no issues at all. Will update this post when I check it on older versions of OSX and Safari.
Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it.

Are Mac-users nicer/more helpful than the average Joe or something?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I replied in your old thread as well, but here it is again just in case you missed it:

Sounds like a font issue...

Open Font Book, press "command + a" to select all and then go to "File > Validate fonts".

That should check all fonts installed on the system for errors.
Resolve any errors and the issue should hopefully go away.
QUOTE Thanks
amm888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
I replied in your old thread as well, but here it is again just in case you missed it:

Sounds like a font issue...

Open Font Book, press "command + a" to select all and then go to "File > Validate fonts".

That should check all fonts installed on the system for errors.
Resolve any errors and the issue should hopefully go away.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass on the info to my user. This does sound like it could be the culprit.
QUOTE Thanks
amm888

Quote:

Ok, I tried my G4 with Tiger 10.4.11 and it's just like with Leopard. Site looks fine. Went into many of the threads and nothing looked wrong at all.

Right now on my old iMac G3 333Mhz with 10.3.9 Panther and the Safari that comes with it. Ditto. Site looks perfect here also.

I don't know what is going on with that persons Mac but something is wrong.

Hope this helps.

Send them here. Maybe we can help with their issue.
Well the user in question was a teacher trying to access the site from an emac that wasn't her own. She's not having issues on her own computer.

I copied and pasted the replies you guys left me on my site, and I'll make a link to your site in case any other of my users have Macs.

Thanks again for all your help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with MySQL | Change style sheet by javascript »