New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Dreamweaver Help.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lytheil

Lytheil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

Hi guys,

Currently having this problem with my dreamweaver CS3.

I was able to see index2.php before. But right now. It just shows this.

I'm not very good with coding and website stuffs. So . I'd appreciate if anyone out here could lend a helping hand! Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Could possibly be a broken or unclosed tag. Try going into code view and see if there is any problems - if you don't know what you're looking for, post the code here and we'll check it out.

And you should seriously consider learning to code from scratch using just Textedit or something before you even consider using Dreamweaver...

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
Thyamine

Thyamine will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb

Is this already on a website we can take a look at? Otherwise, like Leukeh said, if post the code we can take a look.
QUOTE Thanks
frisbeefodder

frisbeefodder is on a distinguished road

If we could see the source code it's probably something simple like an unclosed tag.

I would agree with Leukeh in you trying to learn html. It's not that daunting. Even if you just familiarise yourself with it by working in split design/code view you'll get used to how the code works and you'll pick up the basics in no time.. obviously avoiding problems like you're having which are just simple things you will notice while you work.
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

Here it is. I think. That it might be my settings problem. When I'm using my work computer ( if i'm not wrong Dreamweaver 9 ) . Its fine. I can actually see the index file . But on my CS3 Dreamweaver. I cant see it. It applies for my other files too. Calendar, Events and stock ( Could it be my settings problem? Or did Dw convert my files or something? ) . Also if you guys have like a website with video / text tutorials for learning coding. It'd be great if you could post a link here.

I've also noticed this, could it be that there was a change in the files that made this error?

Anyways, here's the file

Edit - Cant seem to upload textedit up here. It dosent save as .txt file @@.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Index.doc (43.5 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Bump... =(
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Taking a look now, I'll post back with results =)

QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<link href="skatemy" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="skatemy.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Try completely removing the line that I've put in bold/italics/underline. It's only a few lines down from the top so you don't need to look far.

QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Uh.. Same thing. would it be the difference in setting? Previous version I used was Dreamweaver 9 on Windows, on my mac is Dreamweaver CS3 . I suspect it might be the setting. Cause like. For the first few weeks. I did not have problems updating with CS3 .
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Can't imagine any settings would do that... v9 might overlook something that CS3 doesn't. Try previewing in a browser from both computers and see what happens.

QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Is there to change dreamweaver's setting to offline? Currently its online and its asking for a server or something. On my Dreamweaver 9, Its offline. And I'm able to preview the website with no problem. With this there is..

QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

To work offline, you need all the files on your computer... now that you say that, it sounds like you've only got a couple of files on your Mac, whereas you have everything on your PC... could that be right?

If that's wrong, you just need to define where CS3 is reading the data from... tell it where to look.

QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

I normally use the bar on the right to look for the files . Its very convenient. But my settings need to be changed to offline. When I want to preview in safari. It wants me to set up a trial server or something.. @@

QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

The reason it's telling you to set up a testing server (?) might be because you are using .php pages. In order for the PHP to render correctly, it needs a server. Do you have PHP set up on your Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Dont think so.. How can I be sure? Sorry. Not very familiar with Dw

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« RapidWeaver/iWeb for Windows? | iWeb podcast trouble? »