New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Mac OS = no JAVA?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

torvold

torvold is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 2.16ghz, 2gb, 256MB

I am trying to watch streaming video that requires JAVA and it doesn't work and SUN says that mac does its own thing for JAVA... so do I need to boot in windows whenever I need to open a website with JAVA script? is there any plugin i can dl for safari or firefox? the link that doesn't work is below. is it just me?

http://www.cctv.com/video/sportsscen...80419_3.shtml#
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

loading the java applet on that one failed for me, but os x comes with both the java runtime and development environments installed and configured. J2SE 5.0 actually

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
noyes146

noyes146 is on a distinguished road

you could try to using another brower named“firefox” or others to try it.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Java is integrated into Mac OS X and is supported and updated by Apple. There is no need to go back to Sun for Java updates as you would on a Windows machine. Instead, it is maintained by Software Update.

In short, Java is already installed on your system. Chances are it's just the website that has issues.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Javascript Image Change | FireFox table gaps »