New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb vs. Frontpage

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jbreezy

jbreezy is on a distinguished road

Hey guys...I just bought a new MacBook yesterday. Really enjoyable so far.

The thing is I design E-Commerce websites for myself to make extra money. I really enjoyed Frontpage for it's ease of use.

So my questions are.

1. Is Frontpage compatible with Mac.

2. Is IWeb a comparable product to Frontpage or is it more for blogs and photo albums.

3. Is there an alternative web design product that Mac makes.

Thanks,
Jason
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Hey jbreezy! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Mac thus far. Here is my response to your questions:

1. Nope--unless you run Windows on your Mac.

2. iWeb is a really great web design product for the basic web designer. However, if you are needing to add some high end e-commerce objects, PHP, etc. then iWeb is not what I would suggest.

3. There is always Dreamweaver for the Mac which is a really good program--it's what I use

Good luck, and feel free to let us know if we can do anything else for you <><

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
jbreezy

Thanks..I've never had very much luck with Dreamweaver. Are there any other web design programs that Apple has come up with besides IWeb?
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

Nope. Options are pretty limited as far as programs are concerned. There are a few choices if you go the text editing route, but iWeb is included on the Mac so check it out and see if it meets your needs.

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Like youthpastor said, iWeb will probably not meet your needs. There are a few other webdesign programs for a mac, most of them are clones of iWeb. There is one though that was a little like front page, but im sorry I cant remember the name of it. Hopefully somebody will know what im talking about and chime in.

I would really give dreamweaver another try, its probably the closest thing to frontpage you will find.
QUOTE Thanks
jbreezy

Anyone have any CSS templates that are suitable for Ecommerce?

Here is my site www.knockoutknucks.com

Comments and criticism welcome. I've had it up for about a year now. doing decent.

I just used a template and did some tweaking. Nothing special really.
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

Just some advise NEVER use Front Page. It does not do correct coding for web sites. If you see Front Page run away...run very fast away from it.

Dreamweaver is one of the best if not the best web site design program. Dreamweaver is a program you have to sit down with and be willing to learn. You can just expect to learn how to use it in 10 minutes. The Missing Manual for Dreamweaver is a very good book.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

Checked out your website--Dreamweaver ought to be just fine for you, and with so many places you can buy templates for fairly cheap prices Dreamweaver should meet your needs. Good luck.

QUOTE Thanks
hondagus87

hondagus87 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: New MACBOOK

I always thought it was funny when you check the source of someone's page and it has the frontpage 4.0 lines in the top of the source code.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone got a basic, easily integrateable, PHP photo gallery script? | CS3 Flash »