New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Question about Uploading Images to Web

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

squid

We have written a shopping cart script in php and have had major success with it, save one thing. Our Mac users have been unable to upload images to web servers, PCs are fine, and i cant figure out whats wrong. We have tried several different browsers for the mac and several different image types. Below is the code that is used to upload the images.

$date = date ("y-m-d-H:i:s");
$hash = md5 ($date);
$product_id = substr ($hash, 0, 6);

if ($_FILES [small_image][size] > 0)
{
if ($_FILES [small_image][type] == "image/pjpeg")
{
$file_extention = ".jpg";
}
elseif ($_FILES [small_image][type] == "image/gif")
{
$file_extention = ".gif";
}
else
{
$error++;
}
// create file name
$image_file_name = $product_id.$file_extention;

if (!copy ($_FILES [small_image][tmp_name], SMALL_IMAGE.$image_file_name))
{
$error++;
}
}

Just wondering if anyone had any clue at all as to why this will not work on a mac. If any would like to test it out I have set up a test site...

http://gs2.lacefarms.com/admin/?page=add_products

Am working on v2 but need to nip this problem in the bud.

TIA

Squid
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Dont know anything about php but is that second if statement supposed to be "image/pjpeg" ? Is that p supposed to be there?
QUOTE Thanks
squid

yes it is that is the underlying format even though the extension is .jpg There is also just a jpeg format, but i tried that too and everything seems to work on a PC, but not on a MAC. I did have 1 customer who could upload the .gif files but not the jpg's
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Perhaps you could print out different error messages for each step so you know exactly where the problem occurs?

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
squid

As I am not a Mac user, i have no way of telling what the errors are, but if someone would like to check it out for me, i will put "echo" statements in the script to show the proccess. Use the link above and i welcome all screenshots of errors, but could you please convert them to jpg format as bmp is to large to transfer.
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

I meant different php echo statements for the different types of errors you get. But otherwise, no I don't know what's wrong with it. You could try posting a message to the apple web-dev mailing list: http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/web-dev

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Authoring software choice | Dream Weaver MX »