New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Mac Safari - Dissects my site!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ultraviolet

I'm pretty new to HTML, and have a site that looks good in Explorer, Netscape, and on PC. But when I view it in Mac Safari 1.2.3, the bottom of it is cut off.
http://www.angelfire.com/weird/canadianchik/contact.htm

Could anyone show me how I can fix my html?

Thanks, i would appreciate it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg safari_pgbad.jpg (58.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg netscape_pggood.jpg (72.4 KB, 11 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Lasha

Check to make sure that Safari supports the script that you used. If it's just regular HTML, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
QUOTE Thanks
gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

Probably because of table height. It doesn't work.
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gort
Probably because of table height. It doesn't work.
Spot on.

There is no such thing as table height, it doesn't exist in any HTML or XHTML specification. However, because some people decided to just ignore the specification, they just added it because they felt like it. It's removed from the specification for good reasons, party to do with getting it to function with CSS properly and partly because in theory, you can never get an exact table height because people use different size fonts etc.

Safari is displaying exactly what the HTML code says and ignores table height because it doesn't exist.

The main thing that is causing the confusion is the table within the table. I see you're using Dreamweaver. Which version? MX and MX 2004 have fantastic support for CSS, which will be a much better solution to your problem. It will be supported in all browsers properly and is more flexible to edit.
QUOTE Thanks
gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

If anything you could create an image that is 1 pixel wide that is red, and the height you need it to be to show the rest. Then just put it in the bottom cell. It will make the whole row that height and most likely won't be seen by anyone unless they happen to maybe highlight it or something.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple website font | phpbb question »