New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

.Mac with multiple iWeb sites

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

A15P

A15P is on a distinguished road

So I purchased a .Mac account because I wanted to create a webpage and blog etc. I have been using iWeb to create it, and it works great for one site. I have discovered that you can create multiple sites in iWeb, but I am having difficulty figuring out how to host multiple live sites at the same time through .Mac.

Does anyone know if this is possible. The main website I created I also have a domain name that I purchased so when you type in my domain name it takes you to my website that I created on iWeb, however I cannot find an address for the second website that I have created even though it seems to publish fine. When I go to visit it, it just takes me to my original website that I created.

So to make it short, can you host multiple websites through one .Mac account and if so can you also have them with their own domain names for each one?

I hope that makes scense.

Thanks in advance....... Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
A15P

A15P is on a distinguished road

anybody??
QUOTE Thanks
kerkules

kerkules is on a distinguished road

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I've got the same problem.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHighway

MacHighway is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.66ghz + many, many more :^)

It is not possible to host more than one top level site via MobileMe. By "top level" I mean you can't have [/URL]www.domain1.com and [/URL]www.domain2.com[/URL] on the same account. (please excuse the "url" tags. The board system wants to turn the example domains into links, so I put the tag in front to cancel it out)

In order to host more than one site on an account you may be able to put sites into sub folders, so then your web addresses would be [/URL]www.domain1.com[/URL] and[/URL]www.domain1.com/domain2[/URL], but that is really not two separate sites.

However, you can host more than one site with most hosting companies, and with iWeb '09 you can upload (publish) using standard FTP. I believe the only things that do not work with publishing to another host (other than MobileMe) are blog comments and picture slide shows.

We have a basic webhosting package called the "Small" which allows you to host 2 top level sites, has actual @yourdomain.com email addresses. This is similar to other options at other companies (except we are Mac centric). MobileMe is expensive if you are looking for web hosting and email, and most of the cloud computing options MobileMe offers can be done free through Google.

Chris Graves
President, MacHighway
Real Web Hosting for Mac Users, by Mac Users, Since 1997
www.machighway.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Remote desktop (well sort of...) | How to Create Shorter URLs with your iWeb/MobileMe sites! »