New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

MacBook - Should i get the new macbook or keep my santa rosa?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPlayLax

iPlayLax is on a distinguished road

ok so i bought my macbook like a week and a half ago..a few days ago i seen they released new ones with a faster processor and bigger hard drive. so i called apple and told them i wanted to return mine. they were really good and sent me a label to ship it out with free of charge so that i could get the new one. but my problem is that i have some stuff saved on my computer already. so should i return mine and wait for the one with the 2.4ghz processor and 250gb hard drive or keep my 2.2ghz and 120 hdd?

will i be able to tell a difference...and money isnt a factor becasue they are the same price..i think i'll pay 10 bucks more or something like that
QUOTE Thanks
charliecrosslan

charliecrosslan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB

save the files to an external or somethin(Time Machine maybe) and get it. Aparentl it gets more battery life and all that
QUOTE Thanks
Blade753

Blade753 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iBook G3, 500MHz, CD-ROM, 12"

Yea use a flash drive or something like that...Or if you have .Mac
QUOTE Thanks
EORI

EORI has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

With laptops, one can never have enough HD space, since most folks want ready access to their data at all times, and the burden of having to carry about an external drive defeats the portability of the laptop. In your shoes, I'd eagerly swap the old for the new, since it will double your HD capacity.

Happy to be back to a Mac
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SMCFanControl - New Penryn MBP | Store updates... »