New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Smackbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

srmorris2

srmorris2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD

Has anyone tried Smackbook? I looked at some videos online and it looks like a really cool program!! and If you have has anyone tried it on a macbook? the videos i saw showed it with the MBP and i wondered if there is the sensor in the macbook too..

-Scuba Steve-
QUOTE Thanks
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

I haven't tried it but the sensor is in the macbook too. This sensor is to stop the hard drive from spinning so it doesn't get damaged if you drop your computer.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i just did a search on "smackbook" and you'd be amazed at the number of results that appeared.

honestly though, i'm of the mindset that if i drop even a few hudred bucks on a sensitive piece of electronics, i'm ever so unlikely to "smack" it.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
i just did a search on "smackbook" and you'd be amazed at the number of results that appeared.

honestly though, i'm of the mindset that if i drop even a few hudred bucks on a sensitive piece of electronics, i'm ever so unlikely to "smack" it.
I agree. I tried it for like, an hour, and then realized that the desktop manager was a lot more useful without the smacking.

It's easier to just set an easy to remember key combo (I chose +option+Arrows) and you're just as well off without upsetting the cold cathode.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Sent

Sent is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24in&20/iPodtouch/iPhone

LOL.

Control + Arrow on my Imac.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Smackbook is cool for about 5 minutes. Then you realize how absolutely useless it is for switching desktops and then go back to the keyboard shortcut.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

Can anyone help me set this up on a Intel mac running leopard?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Advice for new mac user - New MacBook vs IBook G4 | My first Mac scare... »