New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

don't know where else to post this quesiton

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vondie

vondie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 1.33MHZ

I'm taking a 7 hour flight in march....is there a way to charge a laptop inflight? or do i need to invest in an extra battery? I'm flying southwest...thanks!

I saw my mom set up our first PC when I was 10...recieved my first dell when I was 18, built 3-4 PC's after that...bought a used Ibook when I was 25...WHAT THE H E LL TOOK ME SO LONG?!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

If you're flying Southwest, then you'll need a spare battery.

Some airlines have special power outlets on some of their planes (usually the bigger ones used for long international flights) but none of Southwest's aircraft do.

(Apple sells a special adapter for aircraft power outlets.)

[And, incidentally, I would have posted this in the Laptop forum]
QUOTE Thanks
dalison

dalison has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD

You can check with Southwest to see if they have power adaptors under the seats for you flights. Many flights do - it's a cigarette lighter style power source though, so you will need a kit to hook it up to it.

I believe that Apple is the only one that sells one:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...&nplm=MA598Z/A

--David
My blog about my move from Windows to Mac: www.davidalison.com
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

A seven hour flight would likely feature about six usable hours of computing time. Two batteries would do the trick for you as well. That is the approach I have taken. I have two batteries and have never run out when I needed it!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
vondie

vondie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 1.33MHZ

perfect! thanks guys!

I saw my mom set up our first PC when I was 10...recieved my first dell when I was 18, built 3-4 PC's after that...bought a used Ibook when I was 25...WHAT THE H E LL TOOK ME SO LONG?!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

normally when i fly i just plug my computer right into the arm rest with out any special adapters, but thats because i fly continental..

are you flying first class or coach? first class tends to have in flight out lets that are identical to the ones on the ground so you won't an adapter.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Which cd burner for iMac G3? | New MBP Owner! »