New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Building a computer...Mac OS?

Thread Closed

s_canter

s_canter is on a distinguished road

Im about to build a computer off of cyberpowerpc.com, and on the OS options they have format hard drive only as an option. It was either between a macbook or a cyberpowerpc...is it possible to put mac os leopard on the cyber power pc? Any ups or down on doing this...or down right impossible.
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

It is possible but it would be very difficult... and illegal so I suggest that if you want a mac to just buy it from apple or a mac reseller.
s_canter

s_canter is on a distinguished road

So i know im ignorant and admit that lol. but why does apple sell the software with a disc if you cant replace your "windows" (which i with a passion hate) with there much better mac os? is it hardware problems? driver probs? please further explain.
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_canter View Post
So i know im ignorant and admit that lol. but why does apple sell the software with a disc if you cant replace your "windows" (which i with a passion hate) with there much better mac os? is it hardware problems? driver probs? please further explain.
Mac OS X is designed and marketed specifically to be run on Apple hardware. It is specified in the End User License Agreement, which is the legally binding agreement you acknowledge when you purchase and install the software. Needless to say there are software and hardware mechanisms deployed to enforce these measures. Discussion of circumventing those protections is prohibited on these forums.

Long story made short, if you want to run Mac OS X, you need to buy a Mac.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Closed

« tabbed folders | OpenOffice??? »