Building a computer...Mac OS?
    Im about to build a computer off of cyberpowerpc.com, and on the OS options they have format hard drive only as an option. It was either between a macbook or a cyberpowerpc...is it possible to put mac os leopard on the cyber power pc? Any ups or down on doing this...or down right impossible.

Specs:
    Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
    It is possible but it would be very difficult... and illegal so I suggest that if you want a mac to just buy it from apple or a mac reseller.

So i know im ignorant and admit that lol. but why does apple sell the software with a disc if you cant replace your "windows" (which i with a passion hate) with there much better mac os? is it hardware problems? driver probs? please further explain.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by s_canter View Post
    So i know im ignorant and admit that lol. but why does apple sell the software with a disc if you cant replace your "windows" (which i with a passion hate) with there much better mac os? is it hardware problems? driver probs? please further explain.
    Mac OS X is designed and marketed specifically to be run on Apple hardware. It is specified in the End User License Agreement, which is the legally binding agreement you acknowledge when you purchase and install the software. Needless to say there are software and hardware mechanisms deployed to enforce these measures. Discussion of circumventing those protections is prohibited on these forums.

Long story made short, if you want to run Mac OS X, you need to buy a Mac.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information