New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

i bought MBP 10 days ago and....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

keter13

keter13 is on a distinguished road

i want to replace it with the new upgrade that was made today,
does somebody know apple´s policy, will they replace my mac
with the new upgrade if i will go to the store within the next few days?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The window is typically 14 days. However, if you've already opened it, then you'll have to pay a restocking fee.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
vanwas

vanwas is on a distinguished road

I'm doing the same thing. (bough mine 14 days ago ) The gentleman at the apple store told me I could either get 500 bucks back (I bought the 2499.00 version), pay the restocking fee, get the new base model with the difference minus the restocking fee back, or pay the restocking fee and get the 2.5GHz version.

They seem really nice about the whole thing. Good luck.

Scott
QUOTE Thanks
keter13

is there a chance the new product wont be in the stock when ill come to the store on saturday?
how much is the restocking fee
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If the new laptops are available in store right now, chances are pretty good that you'll be able to get one this weekend.

I believe the restocking fee is 10%.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
vanwas

What they told me was that if it wasn't in the store, that they could "work around" the 14 day thing, but I still had to bring my computer into the store today (which is the last possible day). I'm supposed to call back this afternoon to see what they got in their shipment.

The restocking fee is 10% of the computer cost.

Once again, good luck!

Scott
QUOTE Thanks
keter13

Thanks a lot!!!
QUOTE Thanks
density

density is on a distinguished road

10% restocking fee. I recommend talking to them thru the phone ! They let me send in my 12 day old used mbp for a complete refund (they excluded the restocking fee!) so I would say try and talk to them, you may just get a nice guy on the line and let you off that restocking fee like they did for me !
QUOTE Thanks
billydilly

billydilly is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4

Good luck.

If you dont get a nice Guy/woman first time around call back.

I think it's a free number aswell
QUOTE Thanks
The Physicist

The Physicist is on a distinguished road

Wow they've gone all out on the upgrade! 250 GB hard drive, double the video ram and the 2.5 GHz processor. Mind you I'm still happy with my MBP from November
QUOTE Thanks
keter13

it better be a woman !!!
QUOTE Thanks
srmorris2

srmorris2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD

Im a little upset that I just purchased my MacBook about 2 weeks ago and paid to get the upgrades but I just don't want to deal with the hassel with the restocking. Is there a way to just some money back?

-Scuba Steve-
QUOTE Thanks
vanwas

Well.. I did it. I returned my 14 day old 2.4GHz MBP and am now typing on my brand new 2.5GHz MBP. I did eat the restocking fee, but I figured it's the cost of buying one two weeks ago knowing there may be an update soon.

It seems to be quite a nice machine. That said, I'm at the airport leaving town for a few days so I can't put anything fun on it to test it out.

Good luck to everyone on getting new machines. I wish I could've talked them out of the restocking fee...

-Scott
QUOTE Thanks
srmorris2

srmorris2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD

Does anyone know if there is a way to just do some sort of money back or credit to the apple store because i live 3 hours from the nearest apple store and I got mine online. or for those that live near an apple store can you call them and ask them about this!? Thank you!!

-Scuba Steve-
QUOTE Thanks
keter13

I can understand your frustration. if you have already paid, it will be
harder to get some of the money back but you can always write a letter or try calling them and hope they will listen
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mb or mbp | Remove Safari from Dock? »