New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Can't wait untill the next Windows *shudders*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billydilly

billydilly is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Not a mac: Windows XP, Ubunu 8:04 2GB's RAM Intel petuimu 4

When the next Windows OS comes out my Windows PC will be to old to upgrade which means a nice new shiny Mac for me (espicaly since this XP machine cant have Vista *shudders*on it).

I will say Microsoft *shudders* made Vista that made a mess and that I wouldn't want anything to do with Microsoft *shudders*.

BUT until then it's rubbish XP *shudders* all the way.

And apparently God is a Mac user

http://blog.xwell.co.nz/2007/02/god-is-mac-user.html

have a look it's a bit of fun

DARN look downwards

means I would have to upgrade to vista

HELP!!!! I don't want Vista

And my parents are not going to let me have another PC or a mac until this is on its last legs.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

By the time the next usable Windows OS comes out, not one of us will shudder. All of us, including the newest generation, will be dead (shudder).
QUOTE Thanks
billydilly

Im not sure but I think there is a Windows OS coming out in 2011.

QUOTE Thanks
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

No unfortunately Windows 11 isn't expected till 2011... you sure you want to wait that long!?
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
Im not sure but I think there is a Windows OS coming out in 2009 not sure tho.

The life'07 pic says the "next life course" started on Feb. 21.

Darn. I missed it. But since the city in the pic looks like Toronto, I've been there, done that. So I know all about he-double hockey sticks. No course needed.
QUOTE Thanks
theonegod

theonegod has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

XP IS the next version of Windows. It goes XP then Vista then XP. Honestly though what is with the hate for Microsoft and the obsessive shuddering? Seizures? XP is actually a fine OS that is very stable and easy to use if you use decent hardware and browse the internet responsibly.
QUOTE Thanks
billydilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vindicat3d View Post
No unfortunately Windows 11 isn't expected till 2011... you sure you want to wait that long!?
I'm not sure I do but I think i'm going to have to DARN PARENTS
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonegod View Post
XP is actually a fine OS that is very stable and easy to use if you use decent hardware and browse the internet responsibly.
But with OS X, it's much easier and safer to browse irresponsibly.
QUOTE Thanks
billydilly

Quote:
XP IS the next version of Windows. It goes XP then Vista then XP. Honestly though what is with the hate for Microsoft and the obsessive shuddering? Seizures? XP is actually a fine OS that is very stable and easy to use if you use decent hardware and browse the internet responsibly.
It's ok but I really want a Mac no viruses and the road to the easy life what more do you want?
QUOTE Thanks
billydilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
But with OS X, it's much easier and safer to browse irresponsibly.
LOL irresponsibly darn right im dangerous on the net and I want to be safe doing it I go on to any site i can put the mouse to.
QUOTE Thanks
theonegod

theonegod has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
It's ok but I really want a Mac no viruses and the road to the easy life what more do you want?
Every time I see someone say this I cringe alittle inside as such boasts will only draw the attention of the Virus coders in the long run. Mac OS is not immune to virus' by a long shot. It just flies under the radar. The more the Mac community makes claims of immunity from them the more likely we are to get our collective feet handed to us for dinner.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Quote:
Mac OS is not immune to virus' by a long shot.
Check out the virus threads on this site, and those threads/posts that debunk the so-called low-market-share, under-the-radar myth.
Quote:
Every time I see someone say this I cringe alittle inside as such boasts will only draw the attention of the Virus coders in the long run.
Really, don't worry about it. The odds are astronomically long that this thread would fire up the determination of a virus coder to write one for OS X that works.

If a virus ever is successful, it won't be because the coder is determined to prove this thread or any other wrong. Mac-Forums, good as it is, is not the New York Times.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Quote:
Every time I see someone say this I cringe alittle inside as such boasts will only draw the attention of the Virus coders in the long run. Mac OS is not immune to virus' by a long shot. It just flies under the radar. The more the Mac community makes claims of immunity from them the more likely we are to get our collective feet handed to us for dinner.
Ah no - not the old security through onscurity argument.
QUOTE Thanks
ab30494

ab30494 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vindicat3d View Post

its actually windows 7

and i dont see any probs with vista. beside the resource hog, but once u get 2gb of ram and there is no probs with it
QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

If I didn't frequent 4chan so much, I might've just gotten another Windows PC.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying Tiger (Full Version) | SMCFanControl - New Penryn MBP »