New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Financing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SlickShoes

SlickShoes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 13.3"

Wheni was buying my macbooks on the apple website you could pay over 24 or 36 months ( however i bought my macbooks outright at the time ), but now im looking at getting a pro and would like to pay over 24 months but the option seems to be gone now, did apple remove this?

I think the life of a laptop is two years at best so i would be very reluctant to pay it over 3 years as i see it being completely pointless.

Thanks for any info!

EDIT: Im not a switcher my thraed has just been moved here for some reason.
QUOTE Thanks
MacKat

MacKat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD

Hmm...you could just go for the 3 years and pay it off in 2 years.

Just a thought.
QUOTE Thanks
Northants Rob

Northants Rob is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD

I think Apple (in UK at least) has recently changed the provider of finance, my son also wanted a 2-yr deal but had to take 3-yrs.
QUOTE Thanks
SlickShoes

Thanks, quite disappointed by that! I believe you can pay it off early but you still have to pay the extra interest that would occur over the final year so you have to pay for 3 years regardless instead of two. Been trying to find a re seller or anything that does two years but most seem to only offer 3 or 4!!! Yikes!
QUOTE Thanks
MacKat

MacKat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD

I'm not sure of the details but it might be worth checking out.

From http://www.apple.com/uk/financing/consumer/faq.html

"Can I pay my agreement off early?

You can settle your loan agreement at any time. Simply write to Clydesdale Financial Services and they will calculate and send you, your settlement figure. Just so you know, your settlement figure and date are calculated in line with the Consumer Credit Act."

Kat
QUOTE Thanks
SlickShoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKat View Post
I'm not sure of the details but it might be worth checking out.

From http://www.apple.com/uk/financing/consumer/faq.html

"Can I pay my agreement off early?

You can settle your loan agreement at any time. Simply write to Clydesdale Financial Services and they will calculate and send you, your settlement figure. Just so you know, your settlement figure and date are calculated in line with the Consumer Credit Act."

Kat
Thanks i read that earlier but it does clarify that they have changed who they do the finance with as it never used to be clydesdale bank. Had some bad experiences with them in the past so i think i will give it a miss. Thanks!

Must now just try to save up!
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

You might go to your own bank and see if you can get a computer loan directly from them. They'll probably push for you to use a credit card, but a loan for buying a computer will likely be at a much lower rate. Tell them what you want and see what they'll do. You can even try another bank or two and see who will offer you the best deal.

Good luck!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What I'm sure is a silly question... | Help !!decide iMac or MacBook »