New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

sick of pc, getting MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The Skeptik

The Skeptik is an unknown at this point

I've had it with my pc. I think I am going to take it out back and shoot it. Anyway, I want to get a Macbook but there is one hitch... I love my zune. I guess the question is if I get a Macbook with xp running parallel will that handle the zune software? Also, I only use my comps for surfing and music downloads so would the 80gb be enough or would it be insufficient?
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

A Zune on a Mac? Wow! . Have you given the i-Pod a shot yet? Try one, you won't be dissappointed. For what you do with with your computer 80Gig should be enough, but if you can afford more, why not get as much as you can. Once you start playing around with you Mac, you'll find different uses for the additional hard drive space.
QUOTE Thanks
The Skeptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcarr3 View Post
A Zune on a Mac? Wow! . Have you given the i-Pod a shot yet? Try one, you won't be dissappointed. For what you do with with your computer 80Gig should be enough, but if you can afford more, why not get as much as you can. Once you start playing around with you Mac, you'll find different uses for the additional hard drive space.
I have had an Ipod. I guess I'm one of the few that prefers the zune more. lol
QUOTE Thanks
Thyamine

Thyamine will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb

What? We don't want your kind here! (Just kidding) ;-)

According to a quick Google search, it looks like both Parallels and VMWare Fusion have USB support for various devices, so I imagine you'd be OK with a media device like a Zune. Without someone actually trying it though, I don't know that you will know for certain until you (or someone) does.
QUOTE Thanks
tharmsen

tharmsen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skeptik View Post
I have had an Ipod. I guess I'm one of the few that prefers the zune more. lol
Yeah, I think there's like 10 of you nationwide now.
QUOTE Thanks
.jb

.jb is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm

ill be running parrallels pretty soon and ill be trying to install a software for my motorola Q (running windows mobile)

so if that works, im sure your zune will work. ill let you know

QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I think you will love your new mac

Just keep coming here, its the best Mac forum I have found and everyone will give you a helping hand with the switch

for your Zune why not contact these guys

http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/FAQ.dt#q13

They say they have a mac version in the works and may support the zune if there is a demand
QUOTE Thanks
dalison

dalison has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD

Congrats on making the switch! I switched just a few weeks ago and am so glad I did. You could get the 80GB drive for now - it does save a few bucks. It's easy (and MUCH cheaper) to add your own higher capacity drive later.

I did it recently and it's very easy.

--David
My blog about my move from Windows to Mac: www.davidalison.com
QUOTE Thanks
The Skeptik

Thanks for the info and support guys. I shall get a macbook with xp and give it a go. I will keep everyone updated.
QUOTE Thanks
.jb

.jb is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm

got parallels up and running and have successfully installed windows xp along with 3 autodesk programs and my windows sync program for my phone

your zune should have no problem.

just insert the software when the parallels desktop is at the front.

if you can, buy 4GB RAM upgrade aftermarket, and set atleast 1.5GB for parrallels to use so it runs decently fast. imo

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Premission Changed From Admin to Standard! | Turn off MacBook Pro at night? »