New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Outlook 2002 Contacts to Address Book

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sir Peter

Sir Peter is on a distinguished road

Very New, so please don't be too unkind

I have an old PC, not connected to the internet with Outlook 2002 on it. I am hoping that I will be able to move my contacts and emails to my new Imac G5 with Leopard on it. I am just using the Apple Mail, and Address Book.

I have got an external hard drive that I was going to save the information too, but I am just not sure EXACTLY how to do this. I am not that good with computers so if you have a link that explains it in detail it would be great.

Thanks in Advance, and I am slowly starting to enjoy my new machine.

Peter
QUOTE Thanks
drgrafix

drgrafix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1

One of my friends just simply forwarded all his email to his iMac, but I think he created a new comcast account in the process. That can be a bit confusing to everyone who has you on their email list.

I've heard that the simplest way is to export all your Outlook mail folders and contacts/address book to a new store folder, and then burn the folder to a CD. Once that's done, you should be able to use apple's Entourage utility to import them. Here's a link that might help:

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/9928

I'm actually going to do this myself this week in between the raindrops.

Without Curiosity, Intelligence Is Nonexistent
Aging Grandpa drives a Supercharged Ford SVT Lightning & Mini Cooper-S Turbo
QUOTE Thanks
Ginger Pilot

Ginger Pilot is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB

When I change to my MAC I used a brilliant piece of software called O2M by little machines:

http://www.littlemachines.com/

It only cost $10 but I was able to transfer everything in less than an hour which would have taken me days.

You will be required to sort a few things out once you've made the transfer as it just moves it on mass, I had to then separate work emails and personal emails, etc..

One of the best labour saving programs I have ever used.

Good luck.

GP
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Gives? | time capsule... Huh? Time what? »