New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Setting up wireless printing: model not in list!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nickhutson

nickhutson is on a distinguished road

Hello. I am trying to set up wireless printing with an HPofficejet 7310. It's not appearing in the list where I choose the driver from in the wireless set up. The furthest it will get down to is 7140 before going onto a different model entirely.

I am also presented with two "names" to choose from under the network: "autohpde" and "hpoffice".

Am I making any sense? Can anyone help?!
QUOTE Thanks
kfordham281

kfordham281 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

It would help if you tell us more about your setup. E.g, how is it wireless (internal, attached to something else, etc), what are you connecting it to, what OS you're running, etc.

The printer looks pretty old considering it doesn't even mention 10.4 in the supported OS types.

Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More
QUOTE Thanks
nickhutson

nickhutson is on a distinguished road

The printer is connected to a windows XP machine that is shared on our home wireless (MSHome) network. I can access the computer's shared folder fine from my mac - so the sharing is not a problem, obviously - there's just no driver listed when I wish to set it up. So you think this is down to the the fact the printer's old?

I have Leopard 10.5.1. Can't believe it wouldn't work because my computer is too new!!
QUOTE Thanks
margaret438

margaret438 is on a distinguished road

try this hp link. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=46656&lang=en

the biggest problem we had with this model, was everytime we put new software on win, we had to re-load the printer software. it's as if it had to be the last thing loaded on the computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Network | student discount? »