New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Multiple File tagging

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

verdejt

verdejt will become famous soon enough

Okay I need some help. In Windoze I could tag multiple files by holding down the control key and clicking on a file and it would select it. I would use Shift plus clicking to select a continuous file list. How do I do this in Mac?

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

do you mean non continuous selecting

then you use the  key
QUOTE Thanks
verdejt

yes I mean non continuous selecting. where is the apple key? I have the wired keyboard.

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

either side of the space bar (alt if you are using a pC keyboard)
QUOTE Thanks
verdejt

You mean the command key. Thanks I would have never figured that one out. Thanks again.

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdejt View Post
You mean the command key. Thanks I would have never figured that one out. Thanks again.
Yes, he does.

Some crazy people persist in calling it the Apple key, even though that has never been its proper name, and even though many Mac keyboards, including the newest ones from Apple, do not have an Apple symbol on them, and even though the help files and tech articles never refer to it as the Apple key.

I guess they just like confusing people.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

It doesn't really help that I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard either
QUOTE Thanks
verdejt

louishen,
Don't worry I won't tell anyone:

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Back when I first got my Mac Mini and used the wireless keyboard that I had used on my previous PC, it had the Apple/Command key which could also be used as the Alt key if it was hooked up to a PC. I used my Dremel tool to remove the other multi-function labels on the keys so I wouldn't get as confused during my initial switch.

Still have that keyboard, now hooked up to a PC that I turn on, oh, about once a month if at all.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

another thing I was confused about wat back in the 90s.

The mac would say "to stop this process type command period"

Couldn't find they key that said period anywhere
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Resizing Boot Camp partitions in Leopard | Hardware question »