New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Something STRANGE just happened...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adiliegro

I downloaded firefox and when the download finished, I had the drive on the desktop and a box opened up with the firefox icon in it. I clicked it thinking it would open the program, but nothing happened. I then saw my dock and the little firefox icon would jump once and dissappear and it kept doing that like ever other second. I tried to stop it, but to no avail. Wouldnt let me trash the box or eject the drive from the desktop. I then tried to force quit it, but an error came back and said that firefox cancelled the forcequit. I ended up having to cold shutdown by holding the button on the back of the machine.

Any thoughts on why this may have happened?
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

OK, it probably wouldn't let you trash the drive because it was still an open window. I don't know why FireFox wouldn't allow you to forcequit it, that's pretty strange. If it happens again, notify Mac Forums. But I don't think it will.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
Brigrat

that happened to me when I installed firefox too. I restarted my system, and the problem never occurred again.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Just let it do its thing, don't worry about it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Possible Switcher | Wanna help me decide? »