New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

new iMac G5 and monitor issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adiliegro

Hey guys...Im at my wits end now and need some advice. I just got a iMac G5 the other day and got it set up. Well, the monitor is bright as hell. It looks GREAT, but for editing my images (Im a wedding photographer) it is throwing me off. I borrowed a OptiCal Spyder and tried to calibrate it, but its still to contrasty. How can I lessen the contrast on this thing? The brightness is fine, I can pull that down, but the contrast is causing everything to look washed out when I print. It looks good on the screen, but it isnt what I need it to look like. To bring down the contrast would be the thing to do. HOW?

Any thoughts?

TIA
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Have you tried using the Display Calibrator in System preferences?

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
adiliegro

yeah, i did...but after I calibrate it with the Spyder, I dont want to mess with those settings. On the PC, there is a setting for contrast ONLY. the color and brightness on this machine is awesome, but the contrast is off.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Go to System Preferences and then Displays. Click on the 'Color' tab. Try changing the profiles in the list. You can change the color and washed-out-iness with some of the profiles. It works on my PowerBook, but I don't know about an iMac. Hope it helps!
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

Graeme43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I love student discount (sig)

Try the contrast in universal settings

look at the pics i uploaded
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot_01.jpg (85.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot_02.jpg (47.4 KB, 11 views)

iBook G3 (2001) 500MHz 384 RAM 9.2.2 / 10.2.8
Titanium PowerBook G4 (2001) 500MHz 768 RAM 9.2.2/10.2.8
Mac Pro (2007) 4x2.66GHz, 6GB RAM, 10.6.7
iPad 3G + iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new imac - Can I upgrade the vid card? | Importing Bookmarks, Mail, Contacts »