New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

playing m3u files in iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brandon

Brandon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook

I am having an issue with playing downloaded samples from an online music shop on my macbook. Running Tiger. I used to be able to just click on the sample button, it would download the file, open itunes, and begin playing immediately. Since about a month ago, when I click on the sample button, it will download an m3u file to my desktop, open itunes, but nothing will play. Im thinking it might have had something to do with the itunes update I installed.

When I go to my desktop PC and click the same button, it plays with no problem at all.

Does anybody have any advice on how I can listen to these m3u files on my itunes? This site is how I find a lot of the new music I purchase, so its really important for me to get this working again!

Here is the site, with a sample page so you know what I am talking about. Try playing any of the tracks by clicking the mp3 button next to any of them.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/d...se.asp?id=6605

Pioneer CDJ-200 Digital CD Turntables, Pioneer DJM-500 Mixer, Technics RP-DH1200 Headphones
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
QUOTE Thanks
KB3GZW

KB3GZW is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD

what if you click on the .m3u file that is on your desktop?

I Love Free Software.
Ext. Storage: 500GB MyBook Pro, 1TB MyBook Studio
iPod: 120 GB Classic - Phone : Treo 800w
TWITTER Follow Me
QUOTE Thanks
Brandon

Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook

Doesn't work either...I used to have to do that every time I downloaded a sample until I figured out how to make it play in iTunes automatically. Now when I click on it, it opens iTunes but doesn't play.

Pioneer CDJ-200 Digital CD Turntables, Pioneer DJM-500 Mixer, Technics RP-DH1200 Headphones
QUOTE Thanks
Brandon

Anybody else? Please...this is driving me crazy! One day it was working, the next day, it stopped.

Can somebody at least do me a huge favor and go to this link; here it is again:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/d...se.asp?id=6664

and click one of the samples and just tell me if it plays on your iTunes? At least then I will know if it is my computer or just iTunes in general.

EDIT: that link didn't work for some reason, I replaced it with another one.

QUOTE Thanks
Brandon

I don't mean to be a whiner but... 115 views, and nobody wants to just let me know whether or not those samples play in your iTunes? Seriously?

I promise this will be last post if there's still no reply, but I am begging you, help me out!

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You don't have 115 views. The majority of them are spider bots.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
KB3GZW

KB3GZW is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD

I downloaded one of the files and it opened in iTunes and played like it should. Do you have you music on an external HDD?

I Love Free Software.
Ext. Storage: 500GB MyBook Pro, 1TB MyBook Studio
iPod: 120 GB Classic - Phone : Treo 800w
TWITTER Follow Me
QUOTE Thanks
Brandon

I do have an external drive, but it's not connected at the moment. Thanks for your reply...now at least I know it's not just an iTunes issue. I have no idea why it would just stop working...

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Port forwarding on Mac OSX Leopard | Headphone Jack issues - MacBook »