New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

MacBook - Macbook Or Macbook Air?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fercaspell

fercaspell is on a distinguished road

Hello guys...
i want to buy a macbook...
but now with macbook air im confused...
so i came here to ask you about some things...
1st: is it a huge problem for someone who wanna listen to music in a cd or see a dvd, macbook air doesn't have a super drive, even with the new sistem of remote disk?
2nd: in macbook air the battery cant be removed, so when the battery ends, what should i do?

thats it....
thnks a lot....
QUOTE Thanks
mrkfx

mrkfx is on a distinguished road

Hi- i spent quite a few hours at the Apple Shop in NYC this week over these kind of questions, in the end, i decided on a MBpro (2.4ghz) as this was noticeably faster than the Air 1.8ghz, even just loading say 3 o4 applications at a time, and it is also tried and trusted hardware. Not too keen on being the first to adopt etc The sales gurus there certainly did not mention that the battery pack is a sealed unit in the Air, how long are you planning to use the laptop, and how much will this cost to repair in 3-4 years time?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

rather than those questions, ask yourself this.

what is it about the macbook air that makes you really want to spend the extra money and deal with the mild inconveniences? does the weight or 1/2 inch or so of thickness really matter that much to you?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
AlluringAnxiety

AlluringAnxiety is on a distinguished road

I'm no expert on Macs, but from what I do know I'd assume that you'd only want a MacBook Air if you're really bothered about ultra-mobility. There seems no reason to get one (except for flashing about a super-thin notebook) if you're just going to get basic/personal use out of it; having to sacrifice certain things doesn't seem worth it unless it's an ultimate necessity. The MacBook Air seems more of a business laptop to me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« g4 powerbook parts | How can I see another Mac on my Mac? »