Specs:
    MacBook Pro, 15", 2Gigs RAM, Leopard - 10.5.6, purchased Dec 10, 2007
    Question How can I see another Mac on my Mac?
    My daughter and I both have new macs, as of Dec 07. Hers is a macbook and mine a macbook pro. Both running Leopard.

She lives in another city and often has difficulties with computers, whereas I tend to have more of a computer mind. When she has problems and I try to help her over the phone I often can't tell what she is talking about nor can I understand why she does not see what I see. Or else sees something I don't.

Therefore, I would like to see what her computer is doing, on mine. I could do this with my PC and I am sure I can do it with a mac, but I don't know how. How do I set this up?

The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by jlautner View Post
    My daughter and I both have new macs, as of Dec 07. Hers is a macbook and mine a macbook pro. Both running Leopard.

She lives in another city and often has difficulties with computers, whereas I tend to have more of a computer mind. When she has problems and I try to help her over the phone I often can't tell what she is talking about nor can I understand why she does not see what I see. Or else sees something I don't.

Therefore, I would like to see what her computer is doing, on mine. I could do this with my PC and I am sure I can do it with a mac, but I don't know how. How do I set this up?
    "Share My Screen" from within iChat might be what you are after.

Are you both on broadband? If so you should be using iChat rather than the phone anyhow, it is usually a lot cheaper!

Amen-Moses

Specs:
    13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
    As far as I know to use iChat, you need an AIM Account or a .mac account...

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    ^^ Or Gmail.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, 15", 2Gigs RAM, Leopard - 10.5.6, purchased Dec 10, 2007
    Question
    Quote Originally Posted by shahvikram123 View Post
    As far as I know to use iChat, you need an AIM Account or a .mac account...
    I have a .mac account, the trial, but I don't intend to keep it. Surely there is another way? This sounds clumsy to me. I will try it, though, see if we can do anything that way.

And in answer to the question about the phone, we both have cell phone plans from the same company and have unlimited minutes to each other. I also hate chat. What can I say?

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    What do you mean clumsy? Just have to hit Share screen and it does everything on it's own.

Also, with iChat you can do video calls which I'm sure will be a 1up over cell phone calls. Provided of course that you have a fast connection...

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    There is another way if you are running Leopard, but setting it up for a remote connection takes a bit of work. Check this URL.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...71106083653803

Thread Information