Specs:
    Black MacBook 2.2ghz C2D, 4gb ram, 160gb hd / red nano 8gb / iphone 3g 8gb
    Question Couple of random, probably dumb questions
    How can I determine if I'm connected to the network with "n" and not "g?" I just want to make sure b/c initially I upgraded my router w/ a linksys 150N and no matter what I did, my Mac could only see the network in g mode (wouldn't even see mixed). So I just installed a belkin on mixed and everything seems to work like a dream. I have to have mixed mode for other computers. Anyway, just want to confirm, although I think it is cause everything seems faster.

Secondly, what is the easiest way to find an open application window? I set the desktop so when I put the cursor in a particular spot, it shows all the windows in miniature. So that's one way. If the browser is full screen and I want mail, I can do that, or click mail on the dock. If an application doesn't live on the dock, can't do it, obviously. So is there another way? I'm guessing there is - is it "spaces?" (I'll explore everything eventually, just crazy busy of late!).

Thank you!

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    To check which type of wireless connection you have, open up Network Utility (found in the Utilities folder under Applications). Select the en1 interface and look down to where it says Link Speed. If it's more than 54 Mbit/s, then you have an N connection.

That thing that makes everything look miniature is called Expose. The default keyboard buttons for that are F9, F10, and F11. But since Apple has recently updated the keyboard design, there's probably a little square icon around the F3 or F4 buttons that you have to press to invoke Expose. You can also set the buttons in the Expose settings under System Preferences.

In Windows there is Alt + Tab that lets you cycle through programs. You can do something similar in OS X. Use Command + Tab to cycle through programs, and Command + ~ (that's the tilde above Tab) to cycle through open windows in a particular program (i.e. cycle through the several browser windows or word documents that you might have open).

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    Black MacBook 2.2ghz C2D, 4gb ram, 160gb hd / red nano 8gb / iphone 3g 8gb
    Thumbs up
    Thanks Kash! 130 M/bits - wheeee! Yep, expose's on f3, dashboard on f4, perfect. Been using the corners and found it annoying.

Love my mac and will never go back!

Thread Information