New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Shipping of refurbs from Apple.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sgarrand

sgarrand is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" i5 iMac 2011, 12 GB RAM

Hello All,

I ordered a refurbished iMac 20" from the Apple store online on 2/1/08 and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It shipped from Sacramento, CA and headed to Reno, Nevada where it shows as being in transit currently. Should I worry that I'm in MA across the country and my FedEx Ground shipment shows as being in Nevada the day before it's supposed to be delivered? The last update was 2/2/08 so it may not be updating. Has anyone else experienced FedEx tracking like this? I'm so excited about getting a Mac so this is making me nervous. Thanks in advance.

Scott
QUOTE Thanks
PerryLynch

PerryLynch has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 4GB

What you are seeing is the last point at which it was scanned. If FedEx has a Reno-to-Boston direct truck run, then it will not be scanned again until the truck is unloaded in Boston and then again when it goes "out for delivery."

I would be surprised, however, if it did not make a pit stop in Memphis, as that is their primary distribution center.

Another thing to consider is that the shipping transit clock doesn't actually start until the FedEx guy picks it up. If you pay for 2-day shipping and they don't ship it for 2 days, you get it in 4 days. So, never pay for express shipping, you'll just be disappointed ;-)

Good luck!
Perry

Perry M Lynch, CISSP CISA
Mac Newbie, Security not-so-newbie
QUOTE Thanks
jvette

jvette is on a distinguished road

FEDex doesn't have a very good system when it comes to updates. They scan at pick up and then they may not scan it again until it is delivered. They assured me that the package was on time and would be delivered when stated. It did show up on time. UPS does a much better job with tracking.
QUOTE Thanks
sgarrand

Well it got to Willington, CT this afternoon so it may just make it here tomorrow. FedEx is not very good at updates. I just can't wait to get this Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
centurian1

centurian1 is on a distinguished road

The Refurbs. from Apple.com are shipped via Fedex Ground, not Fedex. Two completely different companies under the Federal Express umbrella. Fedex Ground routes are independently owner operated. Realtime tracking info is sketchy at best, which doesn't mean that your Imac won't be delivered tomorrow, as it likely will. Someone will need to be home to sign for the package or a call tag will be left stuck to your door.
QUOTE Thanks
sgarrand

I wasn't aware that there was a difference between the two. At least there's a reason why it wasn't scanned very often. As long as it gets here tomorrow in one piece I don't care if Juan Valdez brings it on his donkey along with some fresh Colombian coffee.

Scott
QUOTE Thanks
sgarrand

Well.. it's on the truck for delivery. I guess they'll come through with it after all. I even know the facility it's shipping from near Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee, MA. I picked up a package there once. Now it's time to get the desk for it finished.

Scott
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to the Mac world | maintenance? »