New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple is a Disease

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dseig001

dseig001 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB

Seriously! Once you start really getting into apple products, you just can't stop!

I mean, I've had iPod's for years (All the way back to the Third Gen), but I never really understood the Apple thing until I got a Mac.

Last Summer I got a decked out MBP as a gift after being accepted to Med School (UCLA! - Sorry, I just love this place!) and the rest has been history.

Since then I have bought:

A Wireless Keyboard
A Wireless Mouse
An Airport Extreme
Harmon Kardon Speaker Ser
An Iomega Portable 500gb Hard Drive (Mac Pro Style!)
A 80gb 5th generation iPod (My Music Keg)
An iPod Nano (To hook up to my Car's iPod Dock)
An Original iPod Shuffle (To exercise with)
An iPhone
An iPhone Bluetooth Headset
and, today, I got an New iPod Shuffle (I got tired to the Lanyard Shuffle bouncing around)

Of Course, on top of all that, I have gotten a bunch of accessories for all the devices, and am totally loving them.

Here's a pic of my apartment with everything together, I thought it was kind cool how it looks all together.

QUOTE Thanks
calenerd

calenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac

My sentiments exactly (:
although my iPod has been giving me loads of problems and it just makes me wanna smash it, I still love my iMac.

The dark is passion, the light is logic.
QUOTE Thanks
powermacj7

powermacj7 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Duo White

Definitely true!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Can't disagree with that at all. Once I especially got to try out OSX I was hooked for life!
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

True but it feels sooooo good!
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Cool photo and you're right. That's nothing though in comparison to what I've accumulated over the past year.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Its kinda like a drug. You may want to stop buying stuff... you just can't really.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

I agree - totally addictive.

Lets see, I got an iPod Nano (1st Gen) two years ago after observing how much my wife was enjoying hers. My first Apple product ever. "Neat!" I thought. Great packaging. Nice product. I started using it and I REALLY liked. Of course I installed iTunes on my PC and I liked that too. It worked so well with my Nano - hey, it just worked so well period. Nicely integrated, well thought out. "Say, this Apple stuff is really well put together, works well together and has been thought through end to end" I thought to myself. Then I remembered how much I had enjoyed the Macs we had used at work prior to the debut of "I'm just good enough" Win95. "Perhaps I should consider a Mac in the future" I thought. The halo effect setting in...

Well of course, soon enough I needed a new computer. Guess where I looked first? Apple, of course. This PowerMac G5 resulted. Nearly two years later I am still really pleased with it and with OS X.

But wait, this is just the beginning. Eventually I wanted a larger MP3 player - couldn't fit all my tunes on a Nano. Boom - one 5th iPod coming right up. New cell phone? Sure, got an iPhone (what else?). I needed a laptop recently. MacBook Pro of course! Now I am thinking of replacing my G5 with a 24" iMac when the next bump in speed comes out on the iMacs. Where else would I look - it HAS to be a Mac.

So, two iPods, an iPhone, two Mac computers (so far), and a boatload of accessories to go with them. Along the way I have convinced countless others of the superiority of Apple products and have likely contributed to many new purchases by those people.

Addictive? You bet! Apple gives us what we want. It's all wrapped up in the title of the famous Kinks song (and album): "Give The People What They Want" - Apple does this SO well!

If this is addiction, I am a happy addict!

On a serious note though, it is NOT addiction. It is superior product design, high build quality and competitive pricing. None of us are sheep being led to the slaughter. We buy Apple products because they deliver the goods, and do so at a reasonable price. If they didn't meet our needs, we wouldn't buy them. I say "well done!" to Apple for being one of the most consistently innovative and forward looking companies out there. Long may they anticipate and serve our needs!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."
QUOTE Thanks
MacDad77

MacDad77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz 24" Al iMac 4GB + 2Ghz MacBook 2GB

I think its a bit of an addiction. It makes me want to get more organized. All the computer related projects I ever thought about doing, seem like less of a hassle now. Enjoyable even. I just finished digitizing my extensive rally VHS collection, for the second time (audio problems with re VCR first time around).

Its just enjoyable to use! Endorphins run rampant!!!
QUOTE Thanks
charliecrosslan

charliecrosslan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB

When theres rumours about products, such as the mba, you always think 'no way im gettin that, its no different to my current mac.' Then you see it and you have to have it! It was the same with leopard. When i first saw the screenshots i thought id not upgrade for ages, but then i ended up getting it the opening weekend!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Quote:
I think its a bit of an addiction.
Does that make the Apple Store a crack house?
Let me count here...
I have an old Performa, had the Original iMac, have the iMac 500MHz, iMac 1GHz 17", the 1st iPod, iPod shuffle, iPhone
Hmm... Laptop's look good...
No wonder I'm in debt!

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
rianm7

rianm7 is on a distinguished road

oh i know! i recently got a Macbook Pro, my first Apple product, and i am so impressed with it i am planning on purchasing an iPod Touch very soon...

2.2 GHZ 15.4" MBP with NVIDIA GeForce GT 8600 and 2GB RAM

8GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
Paul G

Paul G is on a distinguished road

im in the club too!!! Had iPod for ages, got shuffle clip one for exercise, ipod ready car, apple box stereo thing and my iMac the recent addition!! Now looking for an ipod touch, maybe when they have a bigger mem...8gb to 16gb now to 32gb whats next??...cant wait!
QUOTE Thanks
MacDad77

MacDad77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz 24" Al iMac 4GB + 2Ghz MacBook 2GB

I currently have ... Let's go in chronological order: iPod 5th gen wiith video, pink 2nd gen nano(for my wife), cases for both, MacBook- then a Brenthaven pack, mighty mouse, APX station, new iMac (with wireless board/mouse) October, wifes iPhone, EyeTV for video conversion, WD 500GB EHDD for archieving, my iPhone, another 500GB drive, 3 different iPhone cases....
does it ever end!?!?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Issue syncing Google contacts | New user, First macbook pro »