Thumbs up iMac'd...the way life was meant to be!
    Well I did it, despite some really silly apprehensions, I went out today and got my iMac. Well, sort of, the 24 inch 2.4 was not available. But I learned that the 2.8 was in, and the sales guy felt bad for my luck and gave me 4 free classes at the Apple Learning Centre. Which are $75 to $125 a piece.

Anyhow, I must say this was the easiest computer I have ever setup and used. I have built PC's from the ground up for 10 years, and this is the easiest, fastest, and by far the most intuitive desktop I have ever owned. The fact that all 3 of my other PC's were found on the network was a delight, especially since the first thing I wanted to do was transfer my music/files over from the PC to the iMac and my external hard drive died that I had copied the PC files over to.

Anyhow, this is a one very satisfied far..but I do not anticipate any issues from the experience I have had so far.

The keyboard is what will take me the most time to get use to. I am use to the ergonomics, so time will tell.

Thank you to all who answered my questions during the debate on the purchase, and I will truly say...."I am converted!"

iMac 24" | Intel 2.8 Extreme Core 2 Duo | 4.0 GB Ram | ATI 2600 HD PRO | 500 GB

West Chester, PA
    15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
    ...welcome... to the dark side... (breathing)

enjoy it!
    l 8GB iPhone 3G l 15" Macbook Pro l Powerbook G4 15" l 8GB iPod Touch l 4GB iPod Mini l

Irvine, CA
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    You know, I figured Microsoft would be the dark side...

Welcome to the land of Macs. Now grab a drink, sit back, and enjoy the ride

June 2007
    July 2009

Hello everyone! Just like Paladine, I used to make my own PC's from the ground up and after having 3 children in 2 years (well, my wife actually "had" them) I have decided that I no longer have the time or desire for fiddlin' and diddlin' with PC parts and so-called "upgrades". I'm 42 years old and am still a, I am NOT ashamed to say that!

I no longer play PC games and purchased a PS3 and a 360 for any gaming I will do in the future. I am a happy convert to mac and appreciate all who tried so hard to convince me to switch. I just wish I had listened earlier!

Although I purchased the "cheapest" imac (2.0Ghz 20inch) I have NO complaints. I MAY upgrade the RAM to 2GB.

Howdy maxxe. Welcome to Mac-Forums.

And welcome to the Mac platform, guys!

St. Somewhere
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Welcome maxxe! And Paladine, enjoy your new iMac - I know that you will!

BTW, a bit of advice. You ain't seen nuttin' yet. Go out and get yourself the book "OS X The Missing Manual, Leopard Edition". Once you start going through that book, you will be amazed at how much MORE power there is in your shiny new OS X install than may be immediately evident!
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Thanks for the tip! I have it on order

Thread Information