New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Help Please!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

switch2031

Hello all. i am having a small problem i hope you all can help me with. i bought a ibook laptop, and when i first brought it home, i hooked it right up to my router and it worked no problem. since then my cable modem broke and i bought a new one. and now all my PC's work fine, but for some reason when i plug in my mac, it will not connect to the internet. i have only had it like a month or two, and have no idea how to fix this problem. any help would be greatly apreaciated. thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Go to System Preferences -> Network

Go to your Ethernet adapter

Make sure it is configuring IPv4 using DHCP
Renew your DHCP Lease

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
switch2031

Thanks alot but that is not working, still when i open safari all i get it a message saying Safari can't find the server this is driving me mad
QUOTE Thanks
VastDeathmaster

One thing, The router you are using, are you sure you plugged the network cable into the right spot?

Also, try unplugging the cable from the back of the PC and into your notebook and see if you get a connection. The way I always check for an internet connection with Broadband is to open up Networking as suggested and see if you have a DHCP ip address.

Have you tried rebooting the laptop? Sometimes when I reboot my wireless network, I need to reboot my iBook too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« another question from the newly emac owner | switched...PC now feels like »