Problems With Messenger For Mac!
    heya.
    im a newbie to mac too! (though ive been using for quite some time already ><) anyways, i have been using microsoft messenger : mac for awhile now, just recently i get the error "signing in has failed cos the service is not responding, the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet" connection to the internet is not the problem as i can view youtube etc when this error pops up. will someone more experienced help me please? thanks a dozen

i have lots of issues with mac messenger, friends couldn't talk to me or see me i couldn't talk with anyone even though i was signed in.

best bet is to go and use aduim (i think thats it) best thing ever created if you ask me

Specs:
    24" iMac 500GB HDD 2GB RAM and a whole lotta love
    Hey just switched to mac recently and my msn started playing up tonight as well. Getting the same error as you ice.

Maybe microsoft is just punishing us????

yea im kinda using adium already also! but im not too used to the interface yet. since we're on the topic, haha ive got a few qns for adium! can i use webcam? how do i change my font colour?(i changed the font colour from the "font colour" option already, but there isnt any like 'confirm' button, so whenever i start another convo, the font colour goes back to black. ) also, does adium have a PERSONAL MESSAGE function like that of microsoft messenger?

i've only been using it for about 3 days myself really so i cant really help you atm but its very customizable if you go to xtras manager and go get more you go to there website and some fun stuff on there. when i'm done messing about with the funny doc icons i'll probably worry about my font colour and that

Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Same problem here. I was unable to get connected to MSN Messenger for some time. I have had to revert to an older .Net passport to get in at all. Which raises an interesting question. I haven't used that older .Net credential set in two years, and yet it is still valid. How do you DELETE a .Net credential set? I am not sure that there is a way! Does anyone know?
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Specs:
    2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
    Yea I had that problem just now but its okay now. It should be alright in awhile.
    The dark is passion, the light is logic.

hurrah. my messengerformac is working now. i guess time really does heal everything. heh, thanks for the responses though

Thread Information