New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Software Questions...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ldj

Hey guys,

I ordered my 17" PB about a week ago and im getting in next week, meanwhile im preparing for it (its my first time on a mac) Id like to ask some software Questions:
I heard that theres a Mac DC++. Does anyone know if its exactly the same thing as the pc version, or is it completely different.
Also i have some software in Russian, but i want to change the language to English cos im more comfortable with it, and i really cant buy another copy cos it costs about 1300$ (Production Suite). Is there a way to do this or im stuck with the original language?
And one more thing: i heard that you can adjust your monitor corners for special tasks, is this true?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

For the software, if you are talking about an Adobe (Photoshop) or Macromedia (Dreamweaver, Flash, Coldfusion etc) then you will have to purchase the software again because Adobe and Macromedia do not offer cross-platform upgrades at this time.

Yes, you can adjust your monitor corners with a program that comes included in the OS called Expose.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
ldj

Ok thanks,
Though if the software is only on mac, like Final Cut Pro and Motion, is there a way possible to change the language?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I think you can select your language preference when you install them

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
ldj

Ok great, cos i wanna get straight to work when i receive my PB, and hopefully i will be able to install everything in english.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I don't think all software supports this however.

By the way, if this is your first time on a mac, why do you have russian copies of mac only software??
QUOTE Thanks
ldj

Well i told my dad to buy a copy of Production Suite, and i forgot to tell him to get it in English, as im a fluent russian speaker. So he got me a russian copy for about 1300$ and now im kinda screwed if it doesnt run in english. But i asked around and ppl said that normally mac-only software should automatically choose the language that ur mac OS X is set on, so hopefully that will be the case.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Networking... | It's sitting right next to be, seperated by cardboard. »