Thread: New switcher

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
    New switcher
    Just a little background...I had been a Windows/PC user since the 80s when I purchased my first computer. I use the computer for work and play. I would build extreme PCs for gaming purposes. Well as I have aged, my game playing has been less and less. Also, as time has passed, I was getting more discouraged with the Windows/PC experience... You all know the story. So I started lurking Mac forum sites and doing some research. There is a Apple Store about 5 miles from where I live, so I started visiting and playing with the hardware.
    I decided on the 20 inch 2.4 iMac with 1 GB of memory. Couldn't be happier. I does all I need it to do so far without all the hassle of a Windows machine (my wife has a Vista Laptop) . I just purchased a 4GB upgrade kit because I do plan on doing some video editing.

Because of what I have read here and at other sites has helped with the decision to switch and transition to Mac. Another big help has been The Missing Manual series. I am looking forward to visiting here often.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    what a good story, was it Vista that swiched you ocer?

Welcome aboard and have fun with your mac

Specs:
    iMac Duo White
    Welcome. I am sure you will enjoy the Mac.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB OWC Mercury Elite Pro external HD 80GB iPod Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    what a good story, was it Vista that swiched you ocer?

Welcome aboard and have fun with your mac
    Vista was the kicker. She has quite a few annoying bugs right now. Mainly virus software that came with the computer is not fully Vista compatible My XP Pro computer had a Virus program, 3 different spyware/adware programs and took forever to boot because of that. It ran fine once booted. Then there is the maintenance. It just seems to be spinning out of control on the Microsoft side.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Very familiar story of several of us around here. Think you'll like this place. There are some great folks around.

I have my last home built XP Pro machine sitting in the other room connected to a 26" widescreen monitor. And that machine is the most trouble free computer I think I had ever owned. That now includes my MBP. The monitor is about 9 or 10 months old now. Can assure you that monitor has a maximum of 20-25 hours total time on it. Have grown to really enjoy OS X.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information