New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Love my Mac but..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

k3s

k3s is on a distinguished road

Well i purchased a refurbished macbook off apple. Love it installed leopard on it since it still came with tiger. But there is one problem. I installed the whole Adobe suite (cs2 version - photoshop, indesign etc.. ) but i have one problem. When i am running both photoshop and indesign either one tends to quite on me unexpectedly. It's fine if it is indesign since it has an auto recovery mode, but photoshop does not. But it should not be doing that. Could there be anything wrong? I just got the macbook some 2 weeks ago.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

k3s there are reported problems with cs2 and Leopard. Here is a link. Note the last post suggestion run Repair Permissions whilst booted from your Leopard install DVD:-

http://www.macworld.com.au/forums/in...st=0&#entry386

Let's know if you have any success.
QUOTE Thanks
k3s

Ah really? Problems ill see and run the recommended solution. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
k3s

Okay well i found out i don't have the apple leopard restore disks. Is there any other solutions anyone knows about? I have done research but nothing usable has come up, any other way and or is apple or adobe going to release a patch for it.
QUOTE Thanks
k3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3s View Post
Okay well i found out i don't have the apple leopard restore disks. Is there any other solutions anyone knows about? I have done research but nothing usable has come up, any other way and or is apple or adobe going to release a patch for it.
Well i finally found out Adobe is not addressing the issue, therefor i also believe Apple will not also be fixing the issue. Instead if you want a trouble free machine you have to upgrade to CS3 which i cant since i poured all my money into the notebook, and cant afford to purchase the suite again after buying CS2 not too long ago. Any other solutions not mentioned?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Well i finally found out Adobe is not addressing the issue, therefor i also believe Apple will not also be fixing the issue. Instead if you want a trouble free machine you have to upgrade to CS3 which i cant since i poured all my money into the notebook, and cant afford to purchase the suite again after buying CS2 not too long ago. Any other solutions not mentioned?
It's certainly not up to Apple to fix Adobe issues.

Adobe chose to let CS2 users stranded if they upgraded their Mac OS and Apple should certainly not stop upgrading their OS because Adobe is strong-arming its clients.
QUOTE Thanks
k3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
It's certainly not up to Apple to fix Adobe issues.

Adobe chose to let CS2 users stranded if they upgraded their Mac OS and Apple should certainly not stop upgrading their OS because Adobe is strong-arming its clients.
Yea that is what i mean, it leaves us who use adobes products then upgrade and or have leopard in the dark. I just wish adobe would have done something, but i will have to live with the problems since there is no way for me to upgrade right now.
QUOTE Thanks
SlickShoes

SlickShoes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 13.3"

The only thing you can really do is go back to OSX Tiger if you really need the adobe suite to function properly.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Yea that is what i mean, it leaves us who use adobes products then upgrade and or have leopard in the dark. I just wish adobe would have done something, but i will have to live with the problems since there is no way for me to upgrade right now.
Adobe is not dominant in the graphics apps for nothing. In a lot of ways, the company's business practices remind me very very much of Micro$oft. And just like M$ they buy competitors : so you as a graphics designer are left with less and less choice for software.

And Adobe is taking its own sweet time in tweaking CS3 apps for stability issues too. A teacher of mine has on his iMac at home the latest Leopard version and the CS3 suite, and he finds Photoshop quits on him a lot more than when he was on Tiger with the CS2 Suite. And it's not like the guy does anything and everything to his iMac : he knows how to keep his Mac in top shape and is a great troubleshooting expert when things go wrong with the system.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail now requiring once stored passwords to be put in. | Reformatting a new used iMac »