New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

MacBook - inoob

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gtrfreak182

gtrfreak182 is on a distinguished road

this is my first mac and i'm so happy to wave goodbye to windows. i know the os is much more efficient, but i really don't know the limits of these cpus so i was hoping someone could answer questions for me.

here's the specs of the cpu, all i did was the basic 2.2ghz with double ram:

MacBook 13-inch (White), 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Part Number: Z0FA
Superdrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
120GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
Accessory Kit
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

most of the time i'll be working with garageband and guitar pro and any other kind of audio and midi recording software, but i was wondering if i could play any descent games on the windows (xp) or mac partition. the only games i was really wondering about was bf2 for xp and gh3 (either one). i really don't care too much about it but it'd be nice to have. being a musician myself, it'd be fun to have my band as a custom song for gh3.
QUOTE Thanks
lightsguydave

lightsguydave will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB

The Mac you've got there will be more than happy to take the thrashing audio editing would throw at it. As far as XP goes, you'll need to run bootcamp to partition your drive to make and XP volume and an OSX volume, but performance should remain similar

If you have any more questions about bootcamp or audio editing I'd be happy to help you out

dave
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Guy, trying to decide a few things | Which laptop to buy. »