nikon
    Unhappy OS 9.2 IE file problem
    This has happened once before, I don't remember how I fixed it...when I save a web Jpeg image onto my hard drive / specific folder through Internet Explorer, the Jpeg is being saved as an Internet Explorer file, and being re-opened for viewing through Explorer as well, rather than being saved as a Jpeg and re-opened through Pictureviewer / Quicktime. Anyone know how I can rectify this?
    Thank you :confused:

m1k
    Is the image being saved as a JPEG image, or is it being saved as an Internet Explorer file? If it's being saved as a JPEG, just change the program used to open it to Quicktime or whatever. But if it's being saved as an IE file... Hmm... Did you righgt-click and save as? If so, I can't think of what you should do. Try rebooting, maybe?

Sorry, I don't know much about OS 9.

nikon
    Quote Originally Posted by m1k
    Is the image being saved as a JPEG image, or is it being saved as an Internet Explorer file? If it's being saved as a JPEG, just change the program used to open it to Quicktime or whatever. But if it's being saved as an IE file... Hmm... Did you righgt-click and save as? If so, I can't think of what you should do. Try rebooting, maybe?

Sorry, I don't know much about OS 9.

Thank you, I appreciate any help. Typically, by default the image(s) have always been saved as Jpeg(s) when I right click, and re-opened when clicking on them as Pictureviewer files, although for some odd reason now they're being saved as Internet Explorer files, and they re-open as IE files as well. What really irks me is I haven't changed a thing, it just started happening.

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    The problem is that they're being saved with IE as the "creator." OS 9 uses the "creator" to determine what application opens a particular file.

Try this:

0. Upgrade to OS ...just kidding

1. Open your Internet control panel
    2. Select the Advanced tab. Click the "File Mappings" icon in the list on the right
    3. Scroll down to find the entries for .jpg and .jpeg. Make sure they are set to PictureViewer (or whatever)

Thread Information