Need help with ram. Please
    I've got a 24" aluminum imac. It currently has 1gig of ram and things get pretty slow when running Photoshop, lightroom, and itunes at the same time.

I've decided to upgrade to 4 gigs. I'm looking at the newegg site and I can't tell which ram to get. I thought I had the correct one picked then I read the reviews about people putting it in there notebooks. I thought desktop ram was different from laptop ram.

A little help?

Here's the page I was looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...ame=Mac-Memory

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
    Try http://macsales.com (OWC). Just click memory and then choose the type of machine you have and it will tell you what you need.
    Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More

Ok so I found this,
    http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other.../53IM2DDR4GBK/

it looks like the correct ram. Is this a good reputable company?

I might try my local mac store first and see if they will price match.

Specs:
    20" IMac Intel 2.4, 2 Gigs of RAM
    I up graded my ram through memory giant and it is 1. easy to do 2. it is laptop memory

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Macsales is considered a reputable company. I've ordered from them once or twice in the past, including ram.

If you go with a local store, buy name brand ram. I'd trust Macsales (Otherworld Computing) to deliver good ram for my Mac, even when it is labeled OWC (Otherworld Computing). I'm not sure I'd trust my local store to sell me ram stamped with their logo.

Quote Originally Posted by xstep View Post
    Macsales is considered a reputable company. I've ordered from them once or twice in the past, including ram.

If you go with a local store, buy name brand ram. I'd trust Macsales (Otherworld Computing) to deliver good ram for my Mac, even when it is labeled OWC (Otherworld Computing). I'm not sure I'd trust my local store to sell me ram stamped with their logo.
    I think unless they'll price match I'll buy this off newegg. Seems like a good deal to me.

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Just make sure ram has 200 pins. Most online stores fail to say this little bit of info. But if it does, and all the rest is right then get it.

But that newegg site seems to be good with this.

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
    I purchased a 4GB upgrade kit for my MBP and found the RAM to be fine. It even came with color instructions that made the install a snap.
    Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More

Thread Information