New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

sizing photos

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The Giver

When I load my photos from my camera to iPhoto, I don't know how to then size the files, because they are really big, and hard for my friends to download. Is there already a program on my iBook G4 to size files? Or what..
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

I've never used iPhoto, but I assume you could do it through there? You could also right click on the photo file and open it with Graphic Converter, which, up in the menus, you can find all sorts of options to resize, recolor, rewhatever your photos.
QUOTE Thanks
The Giver

How do you save a photo on iPhoto.. theres no option?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Select the photo's you want to share with your friends, and then select 'export' from the file menu.

This will give you a list of options:

-Save as webpage will automatically create a webpage with thumbnails and titles from your selected photo's which you can then upload to webspace for everyone to see.

-export as file: Here you can also resize the photo's to a lower resolution (what you want) to make the file sizes smaller (good for e-mail...)

-export as quicktime: let's you save your photos as a quicktime movie slideshow.

Hope this helps!

Btw: to mail photo's, just select them and click on e-mail at the bottom: this will automatically make them smaller and add them to a mail in the mail app.

Couldn't be simpler than that!
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Or photshop. Go to image size, make the width 800px. Then go to file save for web. That will take your 1 meg jpgs and reduce them to around 100.
QUOTE Thanks
sirlan

I got fed up with trying to use iPhoto so I bought Photoshop Elements and haven't looked back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to install RAM..? | .sit files? »