New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

New switcher in waiting!!! :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hetz0085

Well I'm waiting for my first Mac. A new G5 17" iMac. These next few weeks of waiting are going to kill me! I'm hoping to get the Production Suite to do some video editing too. Anyone know how many computers you can install this on (educational priced one) and if they can be on the same network if more than one is allowed?
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Well, Let me be the first to welcome you to Mac-Forums, and to the Apple World; Where the grass IS always greener

Congratulations on purchasing an iMac! I can't answer you question regarding the production suite.

Welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
Icarus

Have you ever done video editing before this? If not, then perhaps you should hold off on the $1,000 program and play with imovie to see if you really like it.
QUOTE Thanks
hetz0085

Yes I'm in school for video production so I have used Macs and I love FCP. Also with the edu. discount it's only $499.
QUOTE Thanks
psychotoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetz0085
Well I'm waiting for my first Mac. A new G5 17" iMac. These next few weeks of waiting are going to kill me! I'm hoping to get the Production Suite to do some video editing too. Anyone know how many computers you can install this on (educational priced one) and if they can be on the same network if more than one is allowed?
Heh!! understood, I'm witing for my 20" as well. The wait is tough I know but well worth it.

Congrats on your purchase
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetz0085
Anyone know how many computers you can install this on (educational priced one) and if they can be on the same network if more than one is allowed?
i have the educational version of final cut pro 4, and it doesn't seem to have any restrictive capabilities on how many computers you can install it on. all it requires is the serial number from the box, but it doesn't even submit that info to apple if you don't want it to.
QUOTE Thanks
hetz0085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapa18
i have the educational version of final cut pro 4, and it doesn't seem to have any restrictive capabilities on how many computers you can install it on. all it requires is the serial number from the box, but it doesn't even submit that info to apple if you don't want it to.
Awesome. I'm broke enough right now so I was going to split this with another student. Hopefully the whole suite works the same way.

3 more weeks! (hopefully )
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5? | Which notebook for me??? »