awwww &$%%^(^*^^&%%$$%$%!!!!!
    So in my attemps to discover how my mac works and in an attempt to make my programs password protected, I decided to make a password protected disk image and put all of my programs in there - so when i click on Safar, it prompts me for a password.

Encouraged with this success, I went into the properties of "Hard Drive" and said, "access control, eh? I wonder what happens if I don't give myself access to it...." *click* it disapears. I can't click on the finder - none of my programs work. I'm very upset at this point - I can't right click...can't do diddly.

So I restart the computer. Apparently, OS X realizes that SOMEBODY needs to be able to access the hard drive so it gives it back to you - but if you try to fix it, the hard drive goes away again.

PHEW. I was very scared for about half an hour...

Luxemburg, Europe
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Well, that's the "fun" of a multi-user system (Unix, Mac OS X, WinNT/2k/XP, Linux), mess around with the user guides, and you might end up with no rights at all...

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Once, I messed with the permissions and my home folder reset. Thank God this was right after a fresh install, so I didn't loose everything, and I had a backup. ^_^

Thread Information