So there's no "Add/Remove Programs"
    And I need to uninstall WoW from my new mac. (Just switched christmas)
    Do I just drag and drop the folder into the trash? Since I grew up with windows, the answer that comes to my brain first is "OH GOD NO DON'T DO THAT!!" But this is mac, this is easy, easy enough for me to not know what to do. So help!

Yes just drag the program and folder to the trash can and it will delete. There is no "add/remove programs on a mac. Remember Steve Jobb's catch phrase is "It just works." Therefore don't be to impressed when you find that it is easier to do simple tasks on a mac than pc.

huh. wow.

well thanks

No Prob. :-)

Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by kc0ngg View Post
    Yes just drag the program and folder to the trash can and it will delete. There is no "add/remove programs on a mac. Remember Steve Jobb's catch phrase is "It just works." Therefore don't be to impressed when you find that it is easier to do simple tasks on a mac than pc.
    Unless the program comes with an uninstaller. If it has an uninstaller then you should use that.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

Specs:
    MBP l iPhone l iPod
    i use a program called appdelete. this gets all the files left behind if there is any. just drag the app to the trashcan in the app and it collects all the other stray files and puts them in your os X trashcan. just empty the trash and your all ready to go.

Specs:
    24" iMac 2.8 GHz / Mac Mini 1.66 GHz
    I prefer appzapper, you have a to pay a bit of money for it. but i thought it was worth it.
    24" iMac 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 580GB EHDD, Firewave, 7.1 Sound System. Mac Mini 2.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 2.1 Sound System, 19" LCD Flat Screen Monitor, EyeTV with Miglia Mini. Apple TV 160GB.iPod Mini Blue 6GB

Specs:
    15" Macbook Pro
    If you don't use appdelete, don't forget to check if the app has an uninstaller in spotlight. Also, you might want to check your library for a preference file as well.

By the way, I switched to a MBP last month and thanks to this forum, I've learned so much. Thanks to all and goodbye to PC's forever.

Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    just be careful going around looking for its various files to delete...
    If you don't know what it is, don't delete it

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Specs:
    Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
    i would say, if there is an uninstaller, use it. if not, just drag it into the garbage, even if there are some files left over, they never accumulate to anything large enough to be noticeable.

Specs:
    white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
    Good info here appdelete is just the thing i need. all the folders that files complete just get too messy.

Specs:
    24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
    Quote Originally Posted by ki99 View Post
    i would say, if there is an uninstaller, use it. if not, just drag it into the garbage, even if there are some files left over, they never accumulate to anything large enough to be noticeable.
    +1 here. Just drag and drop it if it does not have a uninstall file. Left overs never add up to anything even years and years after. This is'nt Windbloze. They will not interfere with any other programs.

Specs:
    White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
    I use CleanApp, a 3rd party uninstaller. Dragging and dropping to the trash would make the data/files generated by the app that you're going to uninstall accumulate in your hard drive. Some programs may not have generated hard drive-eating files, but still; they do leave log files that you might want to delete.

|| i BOUGHT MY MACBOOK ON MARCH 24, 2007 ||
    || WHiTE MACBOOK 2GHZ iNTEL CORE 2 DUO 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB HD ||
    || iPOD ViDEO 80GB WHiTE || iPHONE 8GB ||

If it does not come with an uninstaller than when you delete the folder you are most likely deleting ALL of the files. If it comes with an uninstaller than it is a program that has stray files. The purpose of the uninstaller is to delete stray files. Therefore programs with uninstaller most likely have stray files. and those programs without uninstaller most likely do not have stray files.

Specs:
    24" iMac 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo - 1GB RAM - 10.5.latest
    I find AppDelete works for me very well...

Thread Information