Specs:
    24" iMac 2.8 GHz / Mac Mini 1.66 GHz
    moving eyeTV to iMac from Mac Mini
    I've got a Miglia Mini with eyeTV, i want to put my eyeTV on my iMac, i have my serial code, but i've lost my CD, and im unsure of what version my serial code is for. Now it doesn't work or any current ones, and if i install the one im currently using on my mac mini on my iMac my serial code doesn't work.

is there anyway i can move the working app from the mac mini to the iMac?
    24" iMac 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 580GB EHDD, Firewave, 7.1 Sound System. Mac Mini 2.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 2.1 Sound System, 19" LCD Flat Screen Monitor, EyeTV with Miglia Mini. Apple TV 160GB.iPod Mini Blue 6GB

This will show you which version you are currently using.

Open EyeTV on your mini, click on 'EyeTV' on the menu bar, select 'About EyeTV' from the drop down menu.

Specs:
    That tells me the version i updated to. updates are free if your current serial works, which only works with the version you got when you bought it. so my current version isn't the one for my serial.
    24" iMac 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 580GB EHDD, Firewave, 7.1 Sound System. Mac Mini 2.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 2.1 Sound System, 19" LCD Flat Screen Monitor, EyeTV with Miglia Mini. Apple TV 160GB.iPod Mini Blue 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I've got a Miglia Mini with eyeTV, i want to put my eyeTV on my iMac, i have my serial code, but i've lost my CD, and im unsure of what version my serial code is for. Now it doesn't work or any current ones, and if i install the one im currently using on my mac mini on my iMac my serial code doesn't work.

is there anyway i can move the working app from the mac mini to the iMac?
    Have you tried copying the EyeTv application from one to the other, then plugging the Tvmini to the computer?

I have EyeTv and the miglia mini, so does my girlfriend. Never had to do what you want to do though. Shame you lost the CD!!

Specs:
    Tried that several times, to no effect. i might have the CD down at my other place, but not going there for a week. will just have to wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Tried that several times, to no effect. i might have the CD down at my other place, but not going there for a week. will just have to wait it out.
    Other than doing a spotlight search for EyeTv and chucking all the relevant findings in the respective folders of the other machine, I think either find the CD, or contact Miglia. EyeTv is obviously part of a package which includes EyeTv so they might chuck you a replacement. Good luck!!

Rimmer

Specs:
    eyeTV isn't part of the package anymore, so they won't.

Thread Information