New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iphoto editing and loading

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hayden 76

Hayden 76 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24 inch iMAC 2.4C2d 320 Gig 3gig ram Leopard

Hey Guys I am new to this forum having a few issues at the moment can any one tell me why my photos that are edited do not stay edited when I place them any where else like desk top or Pages I am very frustrated trying to crop some family shots and they keep reverting to the original photos. On my wifes mac iphoto is taking for ever to load the library some times it wont respond spinning wheel of death and force quit this is the very reason I stopped using microsoft and pc's. Do these problems have anything to do with Leopard its hard to tell both our machines are pretty new I a C2D intel Imac 17 and a C2D intel imac 24
I would appreciate any ones advise and tis is only my first problem I have many more questions.
QUOTE Thanks
cycler48

cycler48 is on a distinguished road

Are the images staying cropped in iPhoto? After cropping, are you clicking on "apply" then on "done"? How are you getting the photos to the desktop?
QUOTE Thanks
Hayden 76

Hayden 76 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24 inch iMAC 2.4C2d 320 Gig 3gig ram Leopard

Yes I am pressing apply then Done then I drag and drop the photo from the library or to pages and I see the original image even after replacing the original file getting very annoyed
QUOTE Thanks
rixx03

rixx03 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB

If you have clicked "Apply" and "Done", then the edited versions of the pictures should be in Pictures->iPhoto Library->Modified folder, just in case you would want to upload the edited versions.

And not wanting to be rude to Hayden 76, but can you please put proper punctuations on what you type? It's just netiquette and it's quite hard to read, not just for me but for the other forum posters. Thank you, and welcome to MF!

|| i BOUGHT MY MACBOOK ON MARCH 24, 2007 ||
|| WHiTE MACBOOK 2GHZ iNTEL CORE 2 DUO 1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB HD ||
|| iPOD ViDEO 80GB WHiTE || iPHONE 8GB ||
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Sorry to read about your problems with iPhoto . You didn't say which version, but you said you both use Leopard so, you can try a few things

1. Repair permissions (Application-- utilities--Disk utility select you Hdd from the left pane and click on the repair permissions button and, wait.

2. If that doesn't help try launching iPhoto holding down the +⌥ keys you get a pane like this one

Try the last one (Only available in iPhoto 08 I think)
You don't say much about your wife's problem. One of the above may help. If she has a large collection of shots you can just move her library folder by dragging to an extern HDD. When iPhoto launches it will ask you where you put it . Then just point iPhoto to it with the menu that appears

Another way is to Launch iPhoto holding the ⌥ Key down and choose create another library. This way you can choose between which library you want to work in

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
cycler48

cycler48 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried to export to your desktop from iPhoto rather than dragging and dropping?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What does this mean? | Trying to setup my hotmail account in iMail »