New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

My Mac Mini won't boot - pls help - I have a huge workload ahead of me

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kola

Kola is on a distinguished road

Hi,

This is the whole reason I ditched Bill Gates Ware!!! 2 hours I have been on with this.

I boot up get to a grey screen with an apple in the centre and a circle that spins bellow it for as long as I leave it. I have left it for 10 mins and still nothing.

Can anyone please help me out with this. I have a deadline to hit in 4 hours and now need to minimize damage. XP is looking mighty tempting at the mo Im very sorry to say after shelling out best part of a grand on a week old mac.

I am using Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Boot with the Leopard DVD (pop it in, hold down C during bootup). Then run the disk utility to see if anything is possible.

Also, if you could mention what you did during your last session before you shut the mini down, it might be helpful in suggesting a solution.
QUOTE Thanks
Kola

Hi, phoned Applecare and they said what you said and talked me through repairing the Machintosh HD

Thanks for your quick answer and wanting to assist. That in itself is appreciated. :]
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

So is the problem solved? What exactly did you do to make this happen? Would be nice to know so that others could avoid doing it...

Thanks for the rep btw
QUOTE Thanks
Kola

Didn't do anything fella. That's why I replied to you to explain what I did so others can learn. My mac went from working fine last night to wouldn't boot today.

I know nothing is perfect but I must say, Ive lost a lot of faith in the "macs never crash" idea. 1 week in and I have to take two hours out to scratch my head for ideas and another two fixing the prob. Sounds very windows esc to me :/
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

I admit I'm a little slow in the head, but I'm still not sure if you've solved your problem or not..?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about new products... | What Macbook pro do i go for? »