New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Recording Music using GARAGE BAND?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BobS63

BobS63 is on a distinguished road

Can I use GARAGE Band to record music tracks from radio or my MP3 files?
(Connecting a cable from radio or MP3 player to iMac audio input?)
Will the recording be MP3 or wav or what?

Can I plug in a microphone to my iMac and record live music using the
GARAGE BAND? Thanks for any reply.

BobS63
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS63 View Post
Can I use GARAGE Band to record music tracks from radio or my MP3 files?
(Connecting a cable from radio or MP3 player to iMac audio input?)
Will the recording be MP3 or wav or what?

Can I plug in a microphone to my iMac and record live music using the
GARAGE BAND? Thanks for any reply.

BobS63
Record tracks as in take a guitar track and single it out from an mp3 you have?
If that is the case, then no you can't. No software is going to be able to do that. The only way to get a single instrument track is to get a hold of the master track recordings.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Weird Fish

Weird Fish will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
Record tracks as in take a guitar track and single it out from an mp3 you have?
If that is the case, then no you can't. No software is going to be able to do that. The only way to get a single instrument track is to get a hold of the master track recordings.
Actually, Cubase does that.

You hit record in Cubase, then whatever sounds are on your computer (AIM, iTunes, Internet Radio) are recorded.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fish View Post
Actually, Cubase does that.

You hit record in Cubase, then whatever sounds are on your computer (AIM, iTunes, Internet Radio) are recorded.
Yes, Garageband can record the sounds on your computer through the internal mic as well.
But no software will separate the different tracks of an mp3 into separate instrument tracks.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IS there a way to disable "DASHBOARD"? | Learning »